Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>I was discussing the idea of all of us getting together with some of the lovely ladies of tc.com and they thought it would be a good idea.  You see, Spiffy's birthday wasn't all that great, so I think everyone here should take a week off in a few months (March maybe) and take a drive down to see him.  I was thinking Florida, any ideas?  
We can also celebrate my 21st!  :devil:</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>hell yeah! I'm all about it and so is Meryem and 6genceligt (Chris). are you sure we should meet in FL tho? If we do, make it someone in the upper part of the state so it's closer to everyone. lets se...

Meryem, jhull and you (wish) are all from the north. Chris and I can head north or south because we're in the middle. *L* Then Spiffy is way the hell out there in TX. hmm.. what would we do, get a hotel with a bunch of rooms? We better start saving up our money now... *L*</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>I had Luv post for me since my internet was f*cked up earlier...
Yeah if I'm back in the states by then (I'm estimating March or April, I'll keep you posted), I'll try to find a way to get down there.  I may have to bring my brother along or something but oh well, as long as I get to come!  
Yeah is FL such a good idea?  All the way at the end there??  I mean, we'll do our best but that's gonna be a DAMN long drive!  
This'll be SO great if we get to do this, it gives me incentive to get some stuff done to my baby in time for the meet!  :D</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>yeah but TX is a long ass way for most of us. I think we're mostly from the East side. Oh, we shoulda met in Atlanta, GA for Nopi! *L* hmm....</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Atlanta would be cool, ESP for nopi!

To get from my house in Buffalo NY to the Orlando area will be about a 22 hour drive so two days (I mapquested it).  I mean yeah the weather will be nice and stuff... but if it's out of EVERYONES way, then I dunno... we have to see who's coming and where they're from so we can figure it out.  Of course this is all IF i'm back in time!

Which city in FL were you planning to do the meet??</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>I talked to Frosty a few days ago and mentioned a possible meet in Fl, he said he'd be up for it but would fly rather than drive so he'd have to ride with one of us (remember he's on the west coast of canada).  Not that that would be a problem, but just to let you know.

Yeah if it's just us Northerners then a northern meet would be fine, but Spiffy's in Texas, I don't know if he'd drive that far or if he'd fly like Frosty.  I think there are a few amusement parks that are open for sprink break, but I don't know if you guys would wanna do that since tickets would be extra and we already have to pay for hotels and sh!t.  But I think the Six Flags in Washington D.C. is open 4/7/04 for spring break (the site says 4/3/04 is opening day) .  Plus I have friends in West Virginia but they work in D.C. (about 20 mins away from each other) and know the area so they'd be able to help us out finding places to go and lodging and food and stuff.  Just an idea...

Other than that... maybe PA would be cool too, my little sisters friend goes to school in Philly (SJU) so she may know of some places to hang.  That's all the way in the bottom right corner of PA, close by Delaware.  Pittsburgh is the far left sort of in the middle, by Ohio (there's a Six Flags in Cleveland).  We don't HAVE to go to an amusement park, just thought it would be interesting, give us something to do other than sit around and talk celis during the day... not that that's a bad thing.  We could always go bowling or mini golfing or something too.  Any other ideas for cities people?? ???</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>woah now, lets not go TOO far north... I mean Philly and DC and all that is like a 10 hour drive. There is also Chris (6gencelicagt) who wants to come. he's from GA. Don't go any further north than PA... But I'm cool with PA. My "first true love" lives in Pittsburgh and I know thats only 9 hours for me.

I'd perfer to be in a good Spring Break city like Virginia Beach or something... good places to go clubbing and hang out. I dunno if I wanna spend all that money of an amusement park. I'd rather save up for my lambo conversion doors...  :upside:</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>It was just an idea... I knew it was a bit far-fetched but still
 I like rollercoasters.. what can I say
 Mmmmm lambo doors... *drool*

PA's fine with me...  Virgina Beach would be cool too  :thumbsup:
Isn't MinaXXX  from Fl?  Maybe she'll have an idea, or at least wanna come along
 Where are you Mina?!?!</font>

·
Registered
130 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i didnt know you guys were willing to drive that far... you guys mised celica/mr2 meet in orlando , nov 15.... i say we have another one in orlando... there is a place there where you can rent 3 bedrom heated pool houses for like $100 a night plus 65 for cleaning.... last meet me and 10 other people easily spent the night ... came out to $16 each, we had a nice house... tv, surround sound, pool, jacusie... it was phat as hell... and plus i cant really drive any farther than daytona... i live in miami... and if you guys wanna see my 1994 celica with a 3rd generation 3sgte in it... come threw to orlando  :D</font>

·
Registered
130 Posts
Originally posted by Meryem13@Nov. 28 2003,11:12
<font color='#000000'>It was just an idea... I knew it was a bit far-fetched but still
 I like rollercoasters.. what can I say
 Mmmmm lambo doors... *drool*

PA's fine with me...  Virgina Beach would be cool too  

Isn't MinaXXX  from Fl?  Maybe she'll have an idea, or at least wanna come along
 Where are you Mina?!?!</font>
<font color='#000000'>mwa mariam, iam a guy thou... like i said orlando
</font>

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font color='#000000'>It seems like we got people from all over the country, and Canada wanting to meet up.  I don't think the Texas/Florida people would want to come up to PA for a meet, and I know us northerners wouldn't want to go down there.  Lets say that us Notherners did meet.  Who would go?  Meryem, if she's back.  Luv if its not too far...Anyone else?
I tihnk we need to find some more people</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Mina:  OMG! I'm SO sorry!  I don't know why I thought you were a girl... how embarassing!  :blush: The house idea sounds cool, and Orlando would be great cuz it's not too far from Clearwater and my uncle lives there, which will make it easier for me to come if I'm back in time.

Wish:  I don't care if it's in Fl, I'm willing to drive all that way, it doesn't bother me. I'm happy to go anywhere as long as I'm back!  Frosty said he'd join us, and 6gencelicagt (Chris)... what about Jhull?  And Eric?  I know Cliff's in Vegas, but maybe he'd wanna meet up with us, we should let him know... hmm...  Redswan?  Celica(XIV)?  Ralph96gt? zcelica (But he's in Oregon)?  Silent_Lucidity? Periculum?

People who havn't posted in a while:
Nemesis?
sleepy_b?
Slaxer?

People who havn't posted in a while/may have abandoned us but may be interested:
Ticketboy
Celica Chick (NJ)
Snake03GT
Blazini
cenJERgt
Ian-H?  (I think he's in Canada too, British Columbia?)
DanTheMan (Indiana)
Gio

Just some ideas...</font>

·
Registered
51 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I'd love the idea of meeting up somewhere, even though my celi isnt too much to show off right now.  It might be in a few more months.  Im in Augusta,GA so FL, and ATL are nothing for me.  :)</font>

·
Registered
987 Posts
<font color='#000080'>I'm up for it. I'm north though, so FL is a long way for me too. But, here's a thought...if it is in FL or somewhere south...some of the northerners (PA, OH, NJ, etc) meeting up and driving together. Would make it much nicer than driving alone.

I'd really love to go...though I don't know that I could financially do it...even if it's not until April. That's one reason I've stayed out of the conversation..lol. My chances of going are slim.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Mina:  I typed your name backwards?? ??? Where?  Well if the meet is before March or April I won't be back.  I'm still not definite if I'll be back in time anyways but still, I'd really like to come.  Not that I want to put people out of the way just cuz this is what *I* want, but if people want a winter meet then that's fine with me.

Silent:  Awww SL!  You should come!!! I mean I'm in Buffalo and I'm gonna come if I'm back in time!  It's a 21 hour drive for me so it'll take 2 days, but I'll do it!!!  :thumbsup:  Plus it's pretty much gas money and if we share rooms hotels will be cheap, or if we do Mina's idea about sharing a house... I'll help you out!

Meeting up would be cool, I was thinking of driving the first 10 hours to SC and meeting up with Luv, maybe spending the night, and then the next day is only about 11 hours so us two would drive to GA to get Chris (6gencelicagt) since it's on the way and then driving together to Fl.  If there are any other northerners that would want to meet up with me first (cuz I think we end up on the same thruway to go south anyways) and then continue to Luv's or meet at Luvs that would be cool.  :thumbsup:</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>Mina-that sounds awesome!!! A massive orgy is what we'll have!!!!  :D  :laugh:  :thumbsup:

Peri-you're in GA? I'm in SC!!! Really close to the SC/NC borader tho... In Rock Hill. But I'll be going to USC in Columbia next August.

and if anyone (but me) at our meet shows up with a 7th gen celi with lambo doors I'm gonna leave. My silly lil mods like my intake aren't sh!t to those... And I don't care if I have to slither in my car if I get lambo doors. I'll sacrafice. they're sooo hot!!!  :thumbsup:  :grin:

I don't care where we meet. It would just be good for me personally to do it on Spring Break because I'll be out of school.. and if we wait a little bit, we can all save up money. I know I sure as hell need to...  :down:</font>

1 - 20 of 59 Posts