Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to check my compression today. i got 187 psi in all cylinders! that is really good, but too good for my turbo. i think the supra intercooler will help alot in bringing the compression down but will that be enough? keep in mind it's a pretty big intercooler. short of tearing down the engine again for pistons and thicker head gasket. i don't know what else to do.any suggestions.
oh, yeah jeremy i am having the turbo rebuilt i've tried time after time to fix the thrust bearing. no luck so i am getting it redone, i've had enough. do you know if forced performance is any good?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh, jeremy can you email me when you get that money order?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
sure i will e-mail you.. 187 is a good compression.. no blow by.. all even is good.. a intercooler will not lower that.. a intercooler will cool down the intake temp out of the turbo but not lower the compression. ur still running a 9.5 compression ratio so you wont be able to boost much without race gas. inless u lower that.. a thicker head gasket will do, but is the worst way to do it, cause it messes up the cam timing, by raising the head that little bit it will throw the cam gear off one tooth. with a high octane gas (race gas) and a good intercooler, you should be able to hit 10 psi (depending on turbo) another thing u can look into is water injection. i am thinking of getting that myself.. what turbo are u running?? i never heard of that company, i always dealt with magestic turbo.. they never let me down i got a dozen turbos off them and some other stuff. there was one time that i got a bad turbo but they paid to ship it back to them and had it back to me within a week or so.. how much are they charging for the rebuild??

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am running the all trac st185/mr2 Toyota CT 26 turbo. the rebuild costs $300.$600 for the to4e with 50 trim which i am not sure about, but i do need a new impeller.
 Do you think 100LL octane will be enough?
 10 psi should be fine right? the best i got that busted assed turbo to was 9psi. thanks for the site on the fcd, i read the email, but i didn't go to the site till the other day.thanks i'll try that first, before the hks stuff.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
yeah see that 300 is harsh. i needed mine rebuilt and it was around that price, so instead i got the t-3/4 with 63 trim. its ceramic coated and all cost me about 1000. i would look into upgrading, mine is good for about 36psi. ill never use it but being so big yes it does have a lag, but it also keeps intake temps down a lot.. which would help you out.. the ct-26 is only capable of about 16 psi anymore just adds heat and does nothing with performance. if you need a new turbine, i would really look into that upgrade, that would allow you to get more out of the turbom while keeping intake temps lower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts