Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has went througt a lot of abuse these past few years. among almost one hundred races on my engine. i also got in a wreck this year not to mention this car saved my life) the frame is bent and the camber is off on the passenger side. i have only put about 3 thousand miles on it this year and i am at the point it is almost pointless to insure it if it isn't going to run.i don't have any idea how much i have spent on it this year, but the grand total in fixing it and suping it has exceeded $12,000 there is no way i am going to be able to recoop that money. but this thing has been burning a hole in my pocket for the longest. i finally concidered taking off all the performance parts, turbo and all,and selling it. maybe i can find another celica that looks like it. but i remember the day my mom and i went to go buy it and i saw it driving down the highway and up the on-ramp at that moment i knew this was going to be my car.
 i don't know some where between acting a fool and being irresponcible i just fooed this car up. It has 174,000 miles on it and i have replaced just about every part on it. i spent lots of time and money getting this motor ready for this turbo, it just doesn't seem like it's ever gonna work out, like it's out of it's prime, like i've just run the sh*t out of it. i wouldn't wish it on anyone and i would hate to sell it to one of my friends just to have them total it. it has been a great car until this year when i wrecked it, i've spent so much time just getting it running again.it's my baby and i don't want to get rid of it.
how can i say no to a face like this:

does anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
212 Posts
it sounds like it has out lived its self. maby you can find a kid that is just dieing to have a good starter car or something that they can just learn from. but anyway the best idea is to give your car an honerable discharge and move on. and remember there is no shame in tears.

i am very sorry to hear about your car though
. after reading posts from you and jhull your cars have sort of become the measuring stick for my project. good luck.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, thanks man i appreciate it. i am afraid you're probably right. i think i am gonna just grab all the stuff off of it and sell it, but i am giving it one last shot. i am gonna try to seal up this tranny and give this turbo another complete shot and if i don't get the result i want, then i am gonna have to sell it.      
 by the way this turbo kit me and jeremy aka jhull have been colaborating on is working and i think is pretty simple and cheap. even though the turbo engine swap maybe more popular, other than getting the right parts it has been pretty easy. i got my turbo up to 9psi beford it started fooing up.
i was wondering where did you say you were from? i thought you said texas, is that anywhere near oklahoma?

cause i live in northeastern oklahoma. oh yeah if you are thinking of a turbo kit i bet you could put this one on your girlfriends car and her not even notice, that is unless she is like my girl and knows cars. but if you wnt to try a turbo jeremy and i would be glad to help.
thanks,
Michael

oh heah if any one else has anything to say about this (Celicafan, Jhull, or any other moderators.hint, hint or any more members please let me know thanks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i didn't even think about it earlier but right now i'm driving a 93 jeep cherokee with over 200k miles on it and just recently blew the head gasket. but on the subject, i have just been dieing to get back into another sports car. i live in austin texas wich is the central point of the state. and texas being convenietly located right beneath oklahoma, i would have no problem travelling to get a car. so if you do decide on selling it please and i repeat please think of me.
    and about the turbo, she love it as long as she didn't see the price tag. by the way thanks for the launching info.
you can e-mail me at: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, i'd rather sell it to someoe who appreciates it than somr punk ricer. i am gonna give it a final try but if you're still looking in a few weeks let me know.

by the way why is everyone up so late or should i say early?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just found out i don't have to go to work in the morning. so i stayed up all night, or at least till i fall asleep on the computer.
my car har a cool entertainment system
all sony around with a 5" tv in console with the playstation
it is badass

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh really wow
my thingy under my name blinks back and forth. beat that

see watch:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey check your email

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
r u still here?
what do you think?

·
Registered
212 Posts
i'm still here, you gotta forgive me you see i have the slowest net connection known to man. the r sweet is that your girlfriends 240 i read about?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, her car kicks a$$ she whoped my car, or so she thinks

hey i understand slow internet we have DSL

·
Registered
212 Posts
ya read all about it, its probably best to let her think she won anyways. you know if your not working on your car you always do what i do just work on your girlfriends car so you dont go through withdrawals.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
heh heh, yeah she nearly killed me when i tried to put a cold air intake on her car, i tell you what it has this 4 wheel  steering with an lsd it is tight aroung the turns

·
Registered
212 Posts
my girlfriend loves it when i get bored and work on her car. she went nuts when i upgraded the spark plugs and put a k&n filter in it. in fact i remember the second day she had the car she couldn't wait to show me how long she could make it peel out. pretty funny accually.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my girlfriend can even scare me with how fast she can nail turns, she gets a kick to see me get scared. it's not nessarly the speed mostly the fact that she's driving that fast

·
Registered
212 Posts
ha ha ha, better hope she doesnt read that. by the way do know where i can find some good body kits for a 6th gen.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
she'll probably read it tommorrow, oh well she knows it's tre.
um, the best manufacturer i think is erebuni got to spoilers.com and i think nopi.com sells them cheaper, if there is such a thing.
i am going to find a link

1 - 20 of 113 Posts