Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to recap my 91 GT ECU. Plenty of posts on Lexus and MR2 on the how to, but I have not found a parts list.

Anyone know what specifIc capacitors are needed?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Two months ago I thought about installing new caps in my ECU but then there was no guarantee that was the problem and other issues come up other than the capacitors. Bit the bullet and ordered a rebuilt one and never looked back. A lifetime warranty. Ordered on-line from this company in sunny FL. When I called they answered the phone, actually a real person to talk to and they knew what I was talking about. They required the VIN of the vehicle because I guess there are subtle differences (?) They have my old core now and will probably rebuild it for someone else. Cost was $227. After install on first turn of the key all my instruments, dash lights, bells and whistles came on, something that never happened with the old one. Still haven't got the car running yet but I know the ECU is good. (taking it on a flatbed to my local Toyota guy in a few weeks) kicking my arss. Just for info.

1991 Toyota Celica 2.2L - ECM ECU PCM | 89661-2B012 | Flagship One (fs1inc.com)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I have 3 on hand, and a background in EE. Spare time spent on acquiring back up parts for my 91. Planning on the future where parts become rarer so I'm looking for the parts so I can stick them and be able to repair.

Planning on doing the recap and swap the act in too verify it works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts