Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 1.6 Celica with 177,000.  Do I rebuild (I read the cylinder walls are to thin to bore out), do I put a used engine or can I put a 2.0 in without getting a new clutch or tranny?

I want to go from 105 hp to 150 to 170 hp.  What is the best way to accomplish this?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have had my 1.6 rebuilt and it is great. i also have upped my hp from 103 to 160-170 and i am doing a porting job, cams, etc. that should put me well over 200. the EASIEST way would be to switch to the 2.2L (the 2.0 is the turbo) it will fit and you shouldnt need to switch the tranny. if in CA call 408-263-4478 and ask for ALVIN hes my mechanic. i got al my mods for 1/2 price or less and i like the challenge of stock all motor, but you might be different. for more info let me know.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
if u want it done fast, rebuild the engine. if you can go without a car for a couple weeks engine swap, if you choose engine swap gp with a 3sgte engine 2.0 turbo, its the only one worth the time. that will get you 200hp/200lbs of torque  or more depending on year stock, and thats a bolt in. but engine swaps are much harder just because of the wiring. get a engine the same year as your car to help this process

1 - 3 of 3 Posts