Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help guys. In my '02 GTS the rear Defogger does not work and has not worked since I've owned it. I never really cared, but now it's getting aggravating as I have changed to a new job so I'm actually driving in the morning. It's preventing me from being able to see out the hatch on these cool and foggy Fall Kentucky mornings.

I have checked the 30 amp defogger fuse and it is good, the relay clicks (you can both hear and feel it do so), the switch is obviously good or it wouldn't operate the relay. I have also meticulously gone over the Grid on the rear hatch and I can't find any breaks.

I got out the good old multi-meter and tested the 3 Terminals soldered to the hatch.
I didn't get any readings from the meter on all three terminals.
Far left and right appear to me as grounds they are White w/ Black Stripe.
I'm assuming the middle is the power wire, it is solid black and is directly connected to the grid.
I checked where the wires run from the hatch to the body, to look for any breaks or cracked insulation. Everything looks perfect.

So I am officially stumped and am calling upon the internet for help.
I can't find any sources for wiring diagrams, and I haven't found very many posts related to this issue...

If anyone can help me out here, I'd be super super grateful. Because I'm borderline pulling my already short hair out here..

I have attached some images of the relay and the terminals (not sure how well the upload tool works)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,816 Posts
Check the lines in the window very carefully. So much as a single tiny break will stop it from working.

Pull the switch out and check to see if it's getting power.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

I have a 2005 Celica and currently experiencing the exact same issue as your post from a few years ago.

Just wanted to ask if you ever solved this issue with the rear defogger and if so, how?

With many thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts