Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very rare 2004 Toyota Celica GT Tsunami Edition in perfect condition. It has a 5 speed manual transmission and only 85,000 miles. It has the 1ZZ-FE 1.8L 4 cylinder motor, which has plenty of power and gets 38mpg.

Only a few of these Celicas were imported into Canada from Japan in 2004 and even less made their way to the US. When the catastrophic Indonesian tsunami took place in 2004, Toyota discontinued the edition and took the "Celica Tsunami" emblems off of the cars. However mine amazingly still has the rare emblem (see the pictures), which is extremely valuable.

An aggressive sporty body kit makes the Tsunami Edition's different from standard Celicas. The body kit includes a special front bumper with fog lights, bigger hood scoop, side skirts, sporty rear bumper, big spoiler, painted front HID headlights, and unique rear taillights (all of which are shown in the pictures).

I bought the car from the original owner in 2013, with 42,000 miles on it and always garage kept. It now has 85,000 miles and I have babied the car for the entire time that I have owned it. I keep the car under a custom made Covercraft Ultratect car cover so that it is out of the weather and protected. All documented maintenance including receipts for the entire lifetime of the car are included. Oil changes have been done regularly using Fully Synthetic oil and always the correct Toyota Oil filter. I wash, wax, and detail the car very frequently. I am very passionate about keeping the car in perfect condition. You will never find a more clean or better taken care of car than this. The car needs absolutely nothing, it looks and runs like it is still brand new.

I have a clean title in hand and also a clean Car Fax vehicle history report. I also have the Toyota build sheet that shows every option that the car had from the factory. This clearly shows that it is a real Tsunami Edition and not a standard Celica with Tsunami parts.

Over the couple of years that I have owned the car, I have added a few small tasteful upgrades, just to make it even more unique. I still have every original part to the car, so it could easily be changed back to how it was from the factory. Below is a list of the few performance and cosmetic upgrades that it has.

Performance Upgrades:
-K&N Typhoon Intake System - Installed by Toyota Dealership
-Magnaflow Performance Catback Exhaust - Installed by Toyota Dealership
-TRD Lowering Springs (lowering the car about an inch) - Installed by Toyota Dealership

Cosmetic / Practical Upgrades
-Replaced motorized antenna with Honda s2000 antenna (very common upgrade on Celicas)
-Scion TC 17inch gun metal grey rims with Toyota center caps
-Goodyear Eagle All Season 50,000 mile tires 215/45R17 (10,000 miles on them)
-Covercraft Ultratect custom made car cover ($300)
-WeatherTech floor mats
-Alpine stereo deck with Bluetooth connection (Professionally installed by CarToys)
-Alpine 500 watt Amplifier in trunk (Professionally installed by CarToys)
-Two 10 inch JL Audio Sub woofers in trunk (Professionally installed by CarToys)
-Keyless Entry (Professionally installed by Car Toys)
-Clear bra over front bumper, hood, lights, fenders, mirrors, and door handles (Professionally installed by a body shop $1500)

I recently had a Toyota Dealer look over the entire car to see if it needed anything. Their conclusion was that it needs absolutely nothing and they wish more people would take care of their cars like I do.

I am in no way in need of selling it, I am just wanting to see if there would be any interest. Being a Tsunami Edition Celica, it can not be found on blue book. Please no low-ball offers, this is a very rare car.

Asking $20,000
Call or text me at 719-329-8553 if interested in this beautiful Celica

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its literally in perfect condition. Not a single dent or scratch anywhere. It is show quality cosmetically and mechanically. I imagine it going into a Toyota museum or dealership for display. That's why its $20,000. Its one of a kind being a Tsunami and in perfect condition

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plus, I am not in any way needing to sell it. I am just seeing if there is any interest

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its literally in perfect condition. Not a single dent or scratch anywhere. It is show quality cosmetically and mechanically. I imagine it going into a Toyota museum or dealership for display. That's why its $20,000. Its one of a kind being a Tsunami and in perfect condition
I bought my tsunami edition that is thundercloud grey for 4500 why so much?

·
Premium Member
2004 Celica GT: White/Hatchback/Sunroof, 23K MILES!, 1 Owner, Showroom Condition, Garage Kept
1 Posts
I'm curious, have you sold it yet?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts