Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#FF0000'>so what do ya think about this.. I've been thinking about getting a raised hood scoop. it looks soooo bad ass.. I saw it driving down the road on a silver hooked up celica today, but he had it with the carbon fiber hood. I don't want one of those just yet... and look at this pic...

http://www.everythingcelica.com/gal2/album...06/DCP_0167.jpg

Do you think there is a way to just get the scoop without the hood and make it look good?
and yes, thats a TRD body kit. *drools*

ANNNNDDDD... I think I might get a red TRD sticker in a certain font and put it on my sunroof. yumm. that'll look awesome... (seen it before, too. *L*)</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i think i like the look of that scoop, although it's reminiscent of the mustangs...

though in my honest opinion, i think it would be worth your time to get a custom cf hood with that scoop molded to it.  sounds to me like you're going to eventually go cf, so why not save yourself the trouble in the future by having to modify the hood to make the scoop fit?</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Luv:  I know there are a lot of places that sell just the scoops... we just have to look.

Spiffy:  Isn't the whole purpose of CF to reduce weight for racing?  I don't know if Luv or I will ever get to that point where we'll be obsessing over every 10 lbs on the car...  :eek:o:</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
<font color='#810541'>that looks like bluebatmobiles car... hes from celica.net.. it looks way better now i think hes got a web site hes got overlays for 7th gens bluebatmobile.com i believe</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>my question is.. what are you cooling that you need the larger scoop

carbon fibre hood is good but for the weight you save unless your going to run it in full racing trim you can get better results simply by only running half a tank of fuel. or going on a diet. personally id spend the money on some go fast goodies
</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#FF0000'>my Meryem is right... I'll probably never go carbon fiber... *L*
So I dunno.. It was just a thought.

toof-well... isn't my stock scoop already useless? It would just be for looks...  :cool:

spiffy-that makes sense, but now that I think about it... It sounds like it would be more hassle and be more expensive than I planned. *L*

Thanks for the input tho, guys.  :thumbsup:</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
<font color='#008080'>I have always wanted a functional hood scoop for my car but i dont know if thats safe for the engine when it starts raining?!

Luv: No carbon fiber hood?? I think it'll look pretty sweet! But thats just me  :thumbsup:</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Luv: awww I'm sorry
 But don't worry, I wanna get one for looks too
 So maybe one day we will... we'll get em together!!!  :D But yeah, I don't think we need the WHOLE cf hood and sh!t... and imho I don't like the way cf looks.  Looks cheap.  I know it isn't but it just LOOKS like something really flimsy and cheap. (I've probably made SOMEONE mad now)

6thgencelicagt: yeah I know what you mean, DAMN RAIN! and snow too

Toof: we're girls, we like useless objects that are pretty
 Wow, a 1/2 empty tank of fuel will give you the same weight loss as a cf hood?  that's an interesting fact to know...</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
<font color='#008080'>I never knew that!  My mom was right, one does learn something new everyday.  I'll just drive around with 1/4 tank  of gas now! :grin:</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font color='#FF0000'>yeah, I'd put like 2 gallons of 100 Octane in mine... *L* It sucks that it's a little over 4 bucks a gallon tho!  :D</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>well running with less fuel will save more then a carbon fibre hood..

the cf hood saves 5kg give or take... running with only 30L of fuel in the tank instead of 60L saves about 25kg.</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
<font color='#008080'>Well I will X my plan on the carbon fiber hood, it wouldnt look good on my car anyway.. black hood on a teal car with white wheels, thats a fashion no no  
</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font color='#FF0000'>*lmao*

Yeah, Chris, don't crap your car up any more than it already is....

mwahahaha. *hides*  :D</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Luv:  We have 100 octane here too!  They sell it as racing fuel at the delta sonic around the corner... I use it when I KNOW I'll be racing, but it costs like $45 to fill the tank!!!  Daaaaamn expensive!

Toof:  I def find this a very interesting fact, I mean most people would assume that the hood would save more in the weight dept but I'm gonna be so happy to prove them wrong!

6gencelicagt:  Ahhh so you've been watching Queer Eye then?  You've learned that cf doesn't go with teal and white?  Very good grasshopper... :upside:

Luv:  :laugh:</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts