Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>pitty they are insanely illegal here. its like  a $1500 fine as well as demerit points.</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by CelicaFan@June 23 2003,8:06
<font color='#000000'>I think those are the ones that people break into cars to steal...so if you have one, it might be a good idea keep it out of sight
</font>
<font color='#000000'>lol, yeah.  in the instruction manual mike valentine specifically says that if you leave the valentine one in plain sight while you're away from your vehicle you're asking to have it broken into.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Frosty: I thought radar detectors were illegal in Canada... I know they are in Ontario... when I go over the border there's a huge sign that says so.  Is is different in different provinces?

Yeah my brother has a V1 and loves it... I am still undecided but considering I am only in the states for half of the year and STILL manage to get quite a few tickets (I'm guessing I must have gotten 2-3 in the last year alone) so maybe I SHOULD look into it.</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
<font color='#990000'>CelicaFan:

Damn and that's American too..I could never afford that!

Meryem:

Well perhaps in Ontario..I'm not actually quite sure of our policy but I have friends that cruise all the time with their detectors hooked up..They've been pulled over with them on to and nothing's happened.</font>

·
Registered
102 Posts
<font color='#000000'>In British Columbia they're legal.  A couple of my buddys all drive rx7s with a similiar detector.  Mind you, they aren't pulled over for speeding but one of em got pulled over for doing a left turn on a red and the cop didn't say anything.  Also, I've looked in a by-law directory and it wasn't in there.
</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>even where they are not illegal ive heard ppl say that when they are pulled over if the cop sees/knows you have a detector they *know* you planned to speed/evade them so they will definantly give you a ticket. whereas they might give you a warning or a lower ticket.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>LMAO you guys are too funny...

Maybe I could pull it off before the cop got to the car... I'd only use it occasionally, I'll have to ask my brother if he had problems with his tickets since he always uses his.  He has to or else they'd have taken his license away by now!  My parents had to take him off their insurance or else they'd not be able to afford it!!!  :O</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Mr.J@June 24 2003,2:10
<font color='#000000'>Outdone by the master once again  :down:</font>
<font color='#000000'>that's okay.  we who enjoy the beatles obviously have better taste than some.</font>

1 - 20 of 45 Posts