Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried the search but all I could find was " pull the dash"
Wondering if anyone has tried disconnecting the tubes at the heater core and just replaced the core? The Tubes are just sealed with an o ring and held in place with a crimp. I just pulled my core in about 30 minutes and plan to remove the tubes from the new core when it gets here.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is the crimp on the core

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,063 Posts
I removed the entire core and the tubes when I replaced mine. It did not appear as if just the core could be replaced. If you try it though, put a lot of work into getting a good seal. I would reinforce the crimp and O-ring with some high temp RTV outside of it in case it fails.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heater core has been in for two days and looks to be a success. I did use RTV as Light Force suggested. It actually took longer to fill the system and test the fans than it took to install the core!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to have to call this a success! Car has been on the road for a week with no leaks! Total time to replace the core, 1.5 hours, could probably do it in 45 minutes next time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heater core has been in for two days and looks to be a success. I did use RTV as Light Force suggested. It actually took longer to fill the system and test the fans than it took to install the core!
Are there any video's on this project for an '02 Celica GT? I cant find any!

·
Super Moderator
1,063 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Diesel, what year isn’t your Celica and how’d you pull it in 30 minutes? I have a 94 ST with the 7afe and my heater core is brass and doesn’t look like your pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts