Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys incase u forgot, we did have a post a thon a couple weeks back and yeah.. it was a great disapointment
but if you ask me having only 9 people on this board at one time is too.. so i say we have another one... called "all you have to do is sign in and walk the #### away cause we dont need you to post all we need is for you to be signed on at the same time everyone else is so we can have more people then 9 at a time." and of course feel free to post.. but to all of you that dont know how to do that, read the the title of the event and ull feel more confortable, knowing you can do that.. now i know that my title is going to be a little to long to put under the topic title so I will be using the name post-a-what in its place under topic title.. I want so many people on at the same time that i couldnt even dream of getting that many again.
ok so i know off my head these people will participate..
celicafan
redswan
myself (jhull)... under 2 screen names
so that makes 4 right there
I would expect for all moderators to participate, for the simple fact its for the website..
Who else is gonna participate?? all you have to say is "I". from there when we get enouph responces then we'll set a date..
for all of you that dont know how to post or respond email eric (celicafan) and he'll explain how...

oh eric hope you dont mind...

·
Registered
212 Posts
hey you forgot about me sleeby_b. i totally agree we need more people on this. well i geuss we need more active people on this site. i kind of wonder how many people are members and have never posted or posted once and thats all.i was thinking all day when i was at work driving are ther any business cards or logos i could and see if my local toyota dealer will take them? and i was also think of a contest where we see who could get the most people to join. what would happen is that we would all give wor of mouth advo. to get people to the site. and they would have to stay an active user or contribute a certian amount of posts( whatever works better) to count as a point. kind of like a head hunter thing. i saw a 5th gen. celica in the parking lot at my apt. today and the hood was wide open. i almost waited for him to come back outside so i could tell him to check out the site but i was already late for work. to put it simple, i have not run across an active member that is from austin,tx. and i need people in my general area that are willing to gather and are willing to sport the logo so that people wil know where they are from. the only people ive seen on consistantly are jhull,celicafan,and redswan who ive stayed up till all hours of the night talking to on two accasions already. sounds kind of limited dont you think. i would say i think it will come around eventually, but then i have no idea how long this site has been running already, ive only been a member a week. ive spread the word around at work but the only guy there that gives a damn about cars is a honda junkie. :crazy: ill keep spreading the word anyway.

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
I think it's a good idea & I think we learned some valuable lessons after the last one. First of all, I need to check the settings to make sure people logged in aren't timing out too soon. I'll see about changing it to allow people to be logged in all day instead of the default.
The site has been around since May 15, 2000, but I didn't have a message board in the first design. I incorporated one into the second design, but didn't think I had enough time to participate in it myself. Now w/ the latest design, which is only a few months old, we have a new message board. I have less time than ever, but I make sure I'm here to help get it moving.
Oh, and I do have some business cards that I print out myself...I keep a few in my wallet and in my car & will put 'em on windshields when I see a worthy Celica. I'm curious to see how many people ever came here because of those cards...
I'll see what I can do about putting that file on the site.
And, yah, of course, if you have questions, email me at [email protected]. I'll get back to you as soon as I possibly can

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
posta who?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
shut up Mr. J !

there now theres some hostility

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
!?!? WHAT!?!?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
no i don't wanna touch your rocks, you sickly nasty thing.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
woa woa fellas this is soppost to be a happy forum.. how can we all be on at the same time if we all cant get along....hehe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts