Toyota Celica Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here are pictures of my two Celis. One is a 1990 ST with about 144K miles. Turned out to be an impulse buy. Previous owner was trying to get rid of it fast or he was going to junk it(only problem it had was a bad power steering pump) and I got it for ridiculously cheap. I'm only planning to fix the dent in the front side panel and the little crack in the front bumper. If a set of JDM turn signal lights turn up for sale, that will be added on to this car.
Next car is my 2000 Celica GT. She's been my companion for 3 years now and it's more of my suspension performance car. I have lots of internal goodies waiting to be installed, but I need to do it right and not cheap out on parts. Taillights are being changed to the Tsunami tails once winter is officially over!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 1st Celica, bought from salvage, needed turbo work, clutch was slipping, made it back on the road, but not running reliably, so I sold it.

2nd Celica, 90 GT-S.. sold 115k mi. when struts & springs needed replacement.

Recently, I just bought my 3rd Celica, 90 GT, under 40k mi. looks to be a stock car, never molested.. hope to keep it running as a daily driver for a while.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Nice, you should get a factory 3 piece spoiler off of another 5th gen and install it, it would look sweet! Nice Celicas btw, I've always wanted a 6th gen, although my next car will probably be either an AW11 or SW20 MR2.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
**** dude, I would've kept the turbo Celica, those things are really rare! If I had a property to store it and fix it in of course, which I don't ;( It's cool that you keep buying Celicas, hopefully one day I will buy my dad a 1972 Celica ST in white like he had in the '90s. He sold it in like '95 because he didn't have the money to fix the suspension problems it had, I think for around $500 ;(

·
Registered
15 Posts
**** dude, I would've kept the turbo Celica, those things are really rare! If I had a property to store it and fix it in of course, which I don't ;( It's cool that you keep buying Celicas, hopefully one day I will buy my dad a 1972 Celica ST in white like he had in the '90s. He sold it in like '95 because he didn't have the money to fix the suspension problems it had, I think for around $500 ;(
The Alltrac is certainly a rare car.. it was nice when it ran without problems.. which wasn't often.
Seemed like the previous owner did some mods to it that messed it up.
Turbo was lagging/leaking, coolant would overheat in in slow traffic, engine just doesn't sound happy at higher rpm range.. I sold it for a slight profit and never looked back, much rather have a stock car, unmolested so I do all the mods I want instead of fixing other people's poor decisions.
I have a soft spot for 5th gen., that's all the Celica I care about.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I got the car I always wanted in high school. It was broken, left for dead, and had seen better days. A little beat up, but straight and rust free. Phoenix made it that way., but did a number on the paint and window seals (last big task to finish the interior). Gonna keep it as a forever car, I'm too far in now lol. Future plans after interior: gonna tackle the paint and mild body work. Gonna swap to 92-93 style rear brake lights, and front bumper cover with a carbon Alltrac hood, then paint. I know the wheels and tires I want, the suspension and exhaust. After all that, I will drop a 4agze, eventually swapping the supercharger to turbo, and a 6 speed with lsd from AE111 Corolla.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 1991 GTS. Original paint. My daily driver, 240K, second engine. I am the original owner. Presently, the rear wheel bearings are bad and I am trying to find the assembly to replace them. Failing that, I will have to replace the bearings and seal in the original assembly, which could be challenging.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
My monster Celica

New paintjob
Roll cage, not my favorite, but rules on drag strips
Bride seats
Turbo charged 3S Motor with cement block (for 3.5BAR boost)
9500 rev kit , gasflowed and ported head
Custom built Clutch
Upgraded gearbox and Diffs (4 wheel drive)
Progressive Nitrous system
Gotech Pro X ECU
2 x Aeromotive alcohol compatible fuel pumps
Stainless steel braided fuel lines and BIG injectors

61 - 79 of 79 Posts