Toyota Celica Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hey Brandon, do you live near a power wash (pressure wash) station? If you do and your Celica runs, I'd like to see a before and after of you cleaning it. Idk what you want to do with it but if you're planning on mechanically and cosmetically restoring it anytime soon then you should post some pics of the stuff you're doing to it, for fun.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have access to power washers and bead guns. It isn't running yet. To many project not enough cash. Next week I plan on getting it running. It sat for 2 1/2 years with out being started so yea i don't know what lays ahead. I plan on fixing it up mechanically and cosmetically. As I get stuff done to it I will post picks for all who wish to see plus it will keep me motivated on the Celica (I am blonde so i get distracted easily). I'm kind of spoiled with access to tools because of my job so I am only limited by cash and imagination :) Next week I am going to start making the form for my new bumper. Its like Xmas in July :).

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
You don't say? Which part of the car exactly?

·
Registered
29 Posts
All of it lol oh
It looks like it has a 1/4 inch of bondo on the roof. I guess that's how the previous owner took care of rust ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
You should buy an angle grinder and take off the paint on the roof. I'd recommend using a little bit of pressure, you don't want to grind through the metal, but it's the easiest way for your Celica's type of paint. They're only like $20-25 at Harbor Freight Tools.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That is an extremely clean 87. My first car was a red 86 GTS—looked a lot like this one except I had the MT. Car was pretty quick and would definitely run circles around my current 93 GTS Liftback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi my name is Dennis. I'm from Belgium.
I own a 1990 celica sti 1600. Originally bought by my father in 1990. And i got it in 1999.

It has about 200.000 km
I recently put the car back on plates. It stood still for about 3 years. But now it's 25 years old i can register it as an old-timer. Cheaper insurance and taxes.

So here some pics of the car in its current condition:

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wow 87'
Super clean. I love it.
I will, eventually, buy the original 92' wheels for my 92' Celica and get her all original again.
:yes:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Wow 87'
Super clean. I love it.
I will, eventually, buy the original 92' wheels for my 92' Celica and get her all original again.
:yes:
lol I know this is random but I love how you always put the faces
:rofl: Dammit I'm weird.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So i'll drop mine in here. 1990 Celica GTS, 120k miles, 2.2lt, 5 spd, FWD
I just bought it and it's my first celica. I also have mazdaspeed turbo miata, that will soon become strictly a track car.

Plans are already in action:

2" drop - hopefully this weekend
Upgrade the stereo, Sub, Box, Radio, Amp - also this weekend
Replace all the struts - weekend also

Already done:
Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, batt, alt, fuel filter, royal purple(on sale)

Future plans:
Paint
Some body work
Rims and tires
Re-tint the windows
Some interior touches (steering wheel, etc)

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Greets to all, new to the group...

Just found this "Sleeping Beauty" in a nice snug garage in Cleveland...been inside since '04, 11 years in a coma. A combination of mostly minor problems became overwhelming to the previous owner, she's pretty clean and rust free, nice interior...153k miles, motor replaced at roughly 64k due to screw-up at Jiffy Lube. Hauled it home on a trailer, keeping my fingers crossed....

Attachments

41 - 60 of 77 Posts