Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of buying an 84 celica liftback GT. WE went to drive it and it was a little rusty b/c it has been sitting for about 3months.  But after it ran for a while we noticed this weird ticking noise.  We took a look @ the engine and nothing was out of place so we unscrewed the oil cap and the sound got louder........What is it and is it a major problem.  Other than that the engine made no noise and ran decent for having been sitting for so long.  Could this just be a need for an oil change and a BIG tune up?  Any advice would be helpful!
Roscoe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey dude...any ticking in the internal engine is a bad thing...could be a valve or worse...a rod...but that's more of a banging...could be a wrist pin...could be alot of things...hard to tell from the computer...but it looks like the car needs a blinker fluid refill anyway...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
My 87 convertible used to make ticking sounds too.  If it's the same problem all you have to do is get the car in for a tune up, I think the problem with mine was a sticky valve.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts