Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be doing some body work on my 90 GT, and it came with a blue pinstriping detail from the factory. I'm conflicted on whether to save the pinstriping and repair the part where the damage is. It would certainly be easier to take all the pinstriping off and just have it be plain white. Thoughts?

It might be hard to see the top pinstripe. The lower striping is much more visible.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have pulled many a fender from junkyard. Ones with pinstripes all seem to come from ST's. Surprised to see a GT with one.

Personally, I'd get rid of it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have pulled many a fender from junkyard. Ones with pinstripes all seem to come from ST's. Surprised to see a GT with one.

Personally, I'd get rid of it.

I used to like the striping, but over the years I find myself preferring a cleaner look. I'd really like to paint the car silver, but that would mean redoing the door jambs, engine bay, etc. Not wanting to invest that much at the moment.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My first car, a 1st gen Celica had a bold white stripe on foreat green, second car, a 3rd gen Celica had a red pinstripes on silver. My current 5th gen, the color aquamarine pearl effect would have been ruined if there was a pinstripes.

But funny, the boys all drove Cadillacs with pinstripes, while the so and I drove GM trucks without. Got rid of the boys, the so, and the gm stuff. Now down to a 5th gen and a tundra in pyrite mica with a red pinstripes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts