Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#8D38C9'>Okay everyone... remember at the beginning of March, that lady who backed up into my rear quarter panel? (Full story here)  Well here's what happened... I left off the day I called the lady and she said that we'd go through insurance and she'd file her claim the next day...

I called my insurance company up (Geico) and told them what happened and filed my claim and then waited to hear something from the lady or her insurance company.  I waited 2 WEEKS and heard absolutely nothing!  I would understand not hearing anything from the lady but I figured her insurance company would call and want to see the car, address it etc.  Finally I could wait no longer, I had to leave to come back to Turkey and I wanted the car fixed before I left so I called Geico and asked them what to do.  They set up an appointment with their addresser and said they'd give me a check for the repairs, and then they'd go after her, and the police report would help.  So the day I got the car addressed I went to the collision shop my dealer works with and set up to drop the car off the next day to get the door, panel and bumpers fixed.  I also set up with the service shop for them to do her 30k maintenence while she was there.  they said it would be about 5-6 days becuase they had to order the panel and things but it ended up taking them 11 days because my door was more f*cked up than they realized.  The guy held up to his word not to charge me for it but said that normally that would be like $300-$400 worth of damage!  They repainted the door, put in the insulation/reinforcement  that the other place forgot to do, even took out a little dent that was in there, they only charged me for the tax since it was on a credit card.  They also repainted/smoothed out my bumpers for $200... and the panel was paid for by insurance.  So I only got to drive my celi one day before I left, and the day I left I took pictures of it all fixed up.  So here ya'll go:

</font>

·
Registered
93 Posts
<font color='#000000'>looking good! But thats not the point... It should NEVER have happened!
Glad to see that you have her back and she's looking good again!</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#8D38C9'>Thank you!

I KNOW!!!! If that lady had checked even ONE of her mirrors she would have seen me cuz I was stopped at least a full minute behind her.  " I couldn't see her car because it was so low" is what she told the cop, YEAH RIGHT!  It's not like she was driving an SUV or I was driving a corvette or something like that...  :angry:</font>

·
Registered
93 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I feel your anger!
When i had that guy is a F*CKING EXCEL  :angry: go into the side of me the first thing he said to me was "sorry i wasnt even looking.. i didnt see you there" I swear I could've killed him... They kept telling me to get out of the car to cool off but i refused coz i knew in myself that if i got outta the car i woulda KILLED HIM!!!  
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#8D38C9'>At least he was honest and said he wasn't looking, unlike this lady who was lying through her teeth saying I was "too low".  I practiacally jumped out of my car and I was SO ready to rip her head off when she walked over but my sister calmed me down first...  I just HAD to see what damage she'd done!  :angry: B!tch...  She was driving a green Toyota Echo!  There was green paint ground into my panel
</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
<font color='#990000'>Shoulda asked her to smash her car all over yours..You would've got that cool dent effect with the nice green spec effect
</font>

·
Registered
84 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Meryem, not sure if you remember me, but I was going to have to do some time in the county jail, anyways, I get out every day to work then go back every night until May 14th, been there for 3.5 months so far, just wanted to say your car looks good, I am still buying parts for my car too
Bought the ViS Invader side skirts, only need the rear bumper now, we should all meet up somewhere during or after summer and hang for the day, well, all the people in the Northeast atleast, anyways, great job on fixing up your rig.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font color='#8D38C9'>Frosty:  jerk  :suspect:  

Z: Thank you!

Pimp:  DUDE!!!! Of course I remember you!  That is very cool you get to go out a little, even if it is just to work.  Where do you get internet access?  Jail or work?  Thanks for the compliments, yeah they did a good job for sure
 Congrats on the side skirts, and good luck on getting the bumper... jail must make it easier to save up
 Yeah we DEF have to meet up later when you get out... I might be able to do August but september will probably be better for me... we'll def talk
 Good luck with everything.</font>

·
Registered
84 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Well, I sneak home for lunch break and check email and listen to music and stuff, My last night is this thursday night. After that I will be on, on a regular basis. Been a rough past 4 months for me, anyways, thanks on the sideskirts, if you trip over a rear bumper for the ViS kit for 94-99 reply to this Meryem, well anyone. Cheap that is
Lets get togethor sometime after summer, going to spend it with my girlfriend as she is taking off to college after. Anyways, catch you guys soon.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<font color='#8D38C9'>You bad boy
 I'm glad you get to unwind a little though, from now on try to stay out of trouble okay?  We def would like to see more of you on the boards.
I'll keep my eye open for the rear bumper for ya though.
Have fun with your gf while you can, at least you have a little time with her before she has to split.  And yeah we def have to set up a meet, I should be free at the end of August through Speptember.  We can try for a big meet like we were planning for Spring Break that never worked out, or just a Northerners meet somewhere.  We'll talk more about it once you're free (2 days left! woohoo! ) and we get closer to the date.  See ya around!</font>

·
Registered
84 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Boo, I am out finally, 4 months of that stuff made me go crazy for a while

Anyways, I am already hard at work replacing my suspension with KYB GR-2 struts and Eibach sportline springs, putting in racing seats, putting on my new sideskirts, strobes, underbody neon kit, and molding on my hood scoop and cutting out under it! Lots of work, but it will look like a real car after this, anyways Meryem your car does look alot better then what it did! Great job.

-Smitty</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<font color='#8D38C9'>Congrats on getting out!  :grin:

Dude, if you thought you were going crazy, even being able to get out everyday, imagine the guys that are locked up 24/7!

Can't wait to see pics of your car after your done with it, you sure have a lot going on, good luck!
</font>

1 - 20 of 22 Posts