Toyota Celica Forum banner

Opinions needed

• Keep the indiglos with red needles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do stock gauges with red numbers, LCD and needles.

• Do stock gauges with white numbers, LCD and needles.

• Do reverse glow gauges with red needles.

• Paint the stock guages white and do red LCD, numbers and needles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#8D38C9'>Hey everyone...
Leave it to me to screw up on my first poll.  The third option is supposed to be "white numbers, red LCD and needles".
I need an opinion so please help me out

I have white indiglo gauges and I don't like SO much blue in my car and in my eyes at night.  It's also clashing with my potential black/red/silver color scheme.  Which has be undecided about the reverse glow guages cuz they're still blue, just not SO blue.  The only good thing about the indiglo (reverse or otherwise) is that tie in my head unit (bluish display).  I'm not sure... SO, the poll is based on my ideas and I wanna know what you think.
Feel free to throw in any other ideas!
BTW I just got in the mail today the kit to make my needles red and I really wanna do it, it just looks a little complicated so I'm trying to find someone to help me with the install.  The orange just doesn't do it for me

I also just finished painting the console in my car red, and the guage cluster hood, so I'll get some pics up soon.  Does anyone know how the dash vents pop off?  I want to do them too but I couldn't figure out how they come off!  I was also going to do my calipers and some other parts in my car but I won't have time to do them before I have to leave so next time hopefully
 Maybe my clear corners and aluminum gauge bezel will come in before I leave too...  

So get those creative juices flowing everyone and let me know what you think would be good.

Here are some links so you can get a picture of things.

stock gauges

indiglo gauges</font>

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
<font color='#000000'>The dash vents in the 5th gens are just held in by clips, you can pull them out by hand or carefully with a small screwdriver.  Not sure if its the same in your car.  Thats some good ideas you got going though, color coding is not really a strength of mine, or most guys for that matter.</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
<font color='#008080'>Meryem: http://www.acautotechnic.com/achome.html   Those gauges are looking pretty sweet.. I would get those in a heart beat if the gauges would actually fit in my car! I am drooling. Hope this helps  
</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
<font color='#008080'>WishIhadastick: Do you like your gauges?? I was thinking about getting the gauge faces like yours.</font>

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
<font color='#000000'>They aren't too bad.  Relatively cheap, kinda tough to install though.  I had a lot of trouble with the wiring, so I just took the bulbs out of the dash.  Once they're on though you can only leave them on 1 setting.  If you have needles that light up, then its fine but in mine, the needles are dark.

http://www.geocities.com/wishihadastick/gauge_part_3.htm

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.  All in all they are much better than the stock ones, they look pretty sweet in the day time with the dark bezel.</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
<font color='#008080'>Yea I found them on Procarparts.com ... they were 50 bucks now only 25 bucks.... I just might have to get em before they take them off the page. thanks for the info!  
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font color='#8D38C9'>VOTE PEOPLE! I NEED SUPPORT!

Here is a link to the reverse glow guages I'd be getting if I do change to reverse glow.  You have to scroll down a bit to get to the actual pic of the gauge, and it's one for a celi, yay!
SPW reverse indiglo gauges

I put my console back together, and it looks pretty good!  There are a few tiny flaws, which were caused by the weather being a bit cool and making the paint not able to dry all the way, but since I'm going back to Turkey on Monday, it'll have to wait to get fixed next time I come back.  Then I'll do my calipers too, and maybe my door panels!  I also found out my clear corners have been shipped, hope I get em and install em before I leave!  And I also ordered a pair of red door overlays, you know when you open the door the raised "celica" with the stripes on the bottom sill?  It goes over that like a graphic

Stick: That's what I read on another site, but they didn't just "pop" out, and I tried a screwdriver but I was afraid to give too much pressure and crack or scratch something!  Is there a certain pressure point or something?  And I think guys can color code, they just need a bit of training!  :)  

6thgencelicagt:  I've seen those but I like the ones I put the link up for more.  I think they fit the 7th gen more, but I think those you showed me would DEF be better for a 6th or 5th gen.  Too bad they don't fit
</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
<font color='#008080'>Meryem13: Yea those are pretty cool, almost like the ones I am thinking about... but how I do wish I could get those gauges from AC-AutoTechnic!   :blush:    

How long ya gonna be gone???</font>

·
Registered
21 Posts
<font color='#000000'>maryem i suggest going with the white faces and blue lettering with the led conversion on the gas/temp/milage... dont go out and buy blue needles cause you can actually take the ones that you have now and take off the coloring then take a blue sharpie and color them in.. looks very nice i am glad i did it..</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<font color='#8D38C9'>Go to the Interior thread for pics of my newly painted console!

6gencelicagt:  Well I live in Turkey for half of the year and come back to visit my family and celi in Buffalo usually in the spring and fall.  So it looks like I'll be back in Buffalo in the spring, maybe march... so about 5 months
 What will I do without my celi for so long!?!?! *sigh*

Modyfyit:  I've seen you on celica.net right? Welcome to the boards
 I've seen the whole thing with the sharpie but then they don't glow at night very much, I want them to glow and be bright!!!  And I don't want blue, red is the way to go!  I figure I didn't get a red celi, might as well have a red interior
 I got the kit in the mail but I didn't have a chance to put em in since it would take some time and patience with the soldering so I decided to leave it for next time.  Plus there's this guy on everythingcelicas.com who livess in my area and he put his in so maybe he can help me out with mine

Wish:  Sorry about the pic being so big!  Here's a pic of my stock console, and you can see two of the vents at the top, I hope the pic turns out okay since I'm using imagestation and not tripod since no one could see the tripod pics...  I could not for the life of me figure out how they'll come off... I figured they'd just pop but when they didn't I was afraid to give more pressure.

(edit: removed pic since it wasn't working, go to Interior forum for pics and links
)</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font color='#8D38C9'>It's not a hassle, I just can't figure out why none of my pics wanna work!  I understand Tripod, but this is imagestation!  The site says this is a good system to use... it should be compatible!  Sheesh...

I'm leaning towards reverse glows with the red needles but I'm still undecided.  SInce I didn't get it done this time since I was still thinking it will be waiting til I go back in the spring so everyone will have all winter to vote
</font>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts