Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>I have a 2002 GT-S with triptronic shifting option, I raced a subaru WRX on the 1/4 this week and lost by about 1 sec.  My major problem is getting off the line, he neutral drops me and by the time I close in that space the race is over.  How can I increase my time off the line in the way of mods etc.  I tried a brake drop start which made up for a bit of the time but not much.  HELP please!</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>what size rims do you run, i was gonna say do some drivetrain work, but that is too much. if you run 16" rims or bigger the gear ration can be longer, and if you put on smaller rims your acceleration will increase but your topend will decrease, due to the shorter gear ratios.</font>

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>I've got 16's on there right now.  How bout a mod chip or something else?  My friend suggested getting coil overs and having the back slightly higher than the front to lessen displacement.  It seems like I hit the gas and Im just sitting there waiting...so painful. Because once i get going i fly...but the start is just a poor show, then again it was against an alltrack...but that's not excuse!! not for me at least</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>well...
if you go the suspension part i'd definately go coilovers. but for drag racing, you need stiff shocks and lower front for aerodynamics and a stiffer rear to keep the weight up front instead of throwing it back.
so stiff and lower in front.
and stiff and higher in back.
thats for dragging reset it for normal driving.
also deflate your tires a little in front for drags</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts