Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want normal struts for my 91 celica gt convertible. I can't find the springs anywhere. should I get them from a junkyard? I just need a link to some good oem style struts and springs if there are any.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I want normal struts for my 91 celica gt convertible. I can't find the springs anywhere. should I get them from a junkyard? I just need a link to some good oem style struts and springs if there are any.
Hi,
You should't have problems finding struts both front and rear. I think I saw rear springs at Rockauto. Personally, I wouldn't go for used springs because they would most likely be as worn out as the ones you have. But, you never know.
Great car, congratulations! I have the same. How does ride? Do you a hear a rattle on front left side?
If you do, let me know if the spring/strut change solved the problem.
Best regards,
D. Ferguson

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
You should't have problems finding struts both front and rear. I think I saw rear springs at Rockauto. Personally, I wouldn't go for used springs because they would most likely be as worn out as the ones you have. But, you never know.
Great car, congratulations! I have the same. How does ride? Do you a hear a rattle on front left side?
If you do, let me know if the spring/strut change solved the problem.
Best regards,
D. Ferguson
so about the ride quality its literally just the struts that make it not as good and thats because the previous owner put freaking cheap ebay coilovers on it. I already don't care about coilovers but the fact that they are cheap ebay ones I am like yeah no thanks. but other than that it is a fantastic ride and has no issues whatsoever! my big concern is if a shop will put struts on for me cause I do not mess with big springs. I leave that to the professionals unless its a quick strut kit which I can't find for this car. I did a quick strut kit on my honda civic and it worked perfect so I was hoping to do the same but if I must I'll pay a shop to do it cause I just want that OEM ride quality. it is EXTREMELY brutal on certain bumps and potholes. oh also I just looked at rock auto and found rear springs but not front ones. I have looked far and wide but the front ones seem to be a pain to find

1 - 3 of 3 Posts