Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote to the NOS tech department and they said that my engine can handle up to 75hp wet nitrous kit.  I wrote back and asked if my engine would still be safe under the conditions of the nitrous.  Has anyone put a wet kit in their celica with the same 75 shot with the same engine as mine, and if so how's everything with your car now?  Thanx

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
i cant say i have but i can tell u this.. i wouldnt do more then a 50 shot on a stock engine.. nos isnt good for the engine and if u want to get the most time outta it then dont go with more then a 50 shot of wet.. even a 50 shot will take away the life expectancy of the engine, but is safe then a 75 shot of course

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i see i see...well yeah...i'm gonna go with 50 shot wet...i figure...with 160-170hp from my engine....and the 50 shot wet at w.o.t....then i should be pretty hard to beat at the tracks...haha.  oh yeah...i heard that nitrous can be used safely above 2500rpms...is that accurate?  what rpm and in what gear do u recommend hitting the button?  i was thinking around 5000 rpms in third gear...whatcha think?  and can you still shift to a higher gear after you hit the nitrous button? i'd imagine you could...aight talk to u later man ~batman out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts