Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#990000'>I found the nicest deal today..I was looking through an Auto trader when I came across a 93 Celica, Intake, Exhaust, 17" Enkei Rims, New Tires, Lowered, New Red Paint Job, Tint all around, and it was only 7500 Canadian..I called, and talked to the guy and he told me it was an automatic..
BAHHHHH</font>

·
Registered
133 Posts
<font color='#000000'>get the car. eventually the second you lose off your time from using automatic isnt going to matter.</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I'd NEVER own an automatic!! My 1992 Celica is a stick and I love it, more control, better take off, and it's "Real" driving. I'd wait for a stick if I were you!!
</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>it ain't aout the speed, it's all about the fun in driving, and stick is way more fun.</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font color='#990000'>Exactly..I want a stick so I can have fun driving, I don't care about the time. I wouldn't be an automatic unless the car was like 1/5th of it's price
</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>My brother likes stick too, but he won't take the time to show me how to do it... I learned once within a few days but then forgot.  I know what I have to do but my legs don't want to obey!  Anyways, I'm usally doing a million things at once in the car so I don't think I'd have a free hand to shift anyways!!! I've got the gt-s with the sport shift though so I do get to drive manual every once in a while...  :angry:</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>sports shifters are nice too.  a lot of my friends would rather take a sports shift over manual in a drag race because of the faster shifting and lower spool times on turbos.

i remember learning to drive manual.  i learned how to drive on a manual, my parents kept getting pissed off at me because i couldn't get it after the third night on the lot
</font>

·
Registered
102 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yep, i learned on my mommie's brand new mazda protege! It was tight! Unfortunatley i haven't been able to take it out since my L stage, but when i do! hehehehe..

Not saying the protege's fast.  But driving a manual is truly a different experience from the auto celi.  Oh and Frosty, if you have the cash, owning an auto is still awesome! I mean, you can cruise with your buddies so much easier and eating while driving is actually possible! Also, once you get a car, you will definitely consider doing the 3sgte swap! You'll need to get a new tranny anyways for it eventually, so why not get the manual untill you get out of school and are able to drop serious cash into the car? At least, thats what i'm doing!  Let us know what you do!</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font color='#990000'>Yea, but If I get a nice car, I want a standard
They just go together.  :blush:</font>

·
Registered
133 Posts
<font color='#000000'>not necesarily. i know how to drive standard but its just too impractical for everyday use for me. its nice to just hold your dates hand while you drive... i still have plenty of fun driving around hehe

now if i had the cash for like a weekend vehicle it would definitely be standard.. whee</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by Ralph96gt@June 09 2003,11:07
<font color='#000000'>your a retad if you dont get that car.</font>
<font color='#000000'>
tru dat, it's a really good deal.

automatics definitely good for everyday driving and for transporting people.  but if you're going to get it for the car and not for hauling your friends around, wait for standard.</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<font color='#990000'>I'll be everyday driving, but I still want a standard..I'm telling you I don't care how good the deal is, I won't get an automatic.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Duuuuude! You guys have been busy today!  Sheesh, I got out for one day and look what happens...  :p  

Frosty: I understand you wanting to get the stick, it's totally understandable, but I don't think you'll ever find another car like this for that price and being all hooked up, PLUS stick??? Like Ian said, why don't you get it and then do the swap later?

Stspiffy: Yeah the sportshift is REALLY awesome, the few times I've used it, I still have to practice on it for racing though, any advice would be appreciated...  :)   Also you are right about manual being better for everyday driving, I usually have to fill my tank up every other day! :blush:

IanH: Def! I spend so much time in my car... if I wasn't able to eat in it I'd probably end up fainting of hunger somewhere...   Crusing with friends is also more fun like you said, more laid back, nothing extra to deal with.

Snake:  If I had a regular everyday car, like you sid this would be my weekend car and I'd have gotten it standard... then again I'd also be able to do the body kit and nice rims, those things just don't go with Buffalo winters so I'm holding off for now. :upside:

Ralph:  Hell yeah, I have smoked so many cars in my auto celi, even the autos are awesome... There was once when my car was still stock and I raced a guy from one light to the next and we were even, even though he had an exhaust and maybe some other stuff... so I used the sportshift on the next run and I smoked the hell out of him! Hell yeeeeeeah  :cool:  You tell him Ralph!!! QUOTE
well i'll see you later in my automatic gt when you have to settle for a standard st when you cant find another on like that one.[/B]
 You'll never find such a good deal on such a hot car Frosty!  :(  
I'm sorry but that's the way it is.  I mean the choice is yours of course but look at what everyone is telling you, you came to us for comfort and advice and we are just trying to help you out buddy.  :)</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<font color='#990000'>Never find such a good deal? What makes you think that, deals like that come across all the time in Canada, I've just never had the money before. To me automatics aren't fun and are for lazy drivers
 I don't care if you smoke people with an automatic, it's a well known fact if you can drive a standard you will beat an automatic of the same model. But you'll see when I come back with a standard GT, or GTS.</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I agree with you Frosty!! I love my 92 Celica and it's a stick..actually that's why I love it soo much!! I seem to be a natural..cause I'm just learning stick, I've been at it for two weeks and I love it. I never want an automatic, cause all you have to do is start your engine put it in drive and release the E-Brake, and your off...how much fun is that? When you are driving a stick it's more of an art form, it really is. Instead of just sitting there steering your car around every turn...wow that's fun  :p</font>

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<font color='#990000'>Exactly Babe, With an automatic driving isn't even fun. I thought it was at first until I drove a stick, now I can't go back or i'll fall asleep at the wheel.</font>

1 - 20 of 44 Posts