Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finally got the proper harness for my Kenwood KDC 248U, being put in my 94 GT - ST205. got it all wired up, and bracketed. even the dash kit is fitted. I tested it hooked up out of the dash, and everything looked to be fine except when i went to move the deck a little later before it was fully mounted in the dash, I heard a pop. i wasnt sure what it was, and didnt think much of it since i saw no smoke anywhere. Later i installed it in the dash, and hooked it back in place. when i went to start the car to double check everything worked well, I noticed that not only was the new deck not turning on, but my clock was out! i figured that 'pop' i heard was a fuse blowing. I checked them all, they all looked fine. So i googled the symptoms, and everything still pointed to the fuse. Decided to change it regardless. went to autozone, got a new pack of 15A fuses, even the tech there said the old one looked fine. but i put in a new one, and the clock worked. still nothing for the radio. Ive been googling my ass off all day to try to figure out why everything is perfect, except no power whatsoever to the radio. even the factory one has no juice to it. I'm thinking its something not fuse related ... Anyone with any knowledge on this or who has experienced and SUCCESSFULLY fixed it, please do chime in on this! cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
If you have a voltmeter check and see if that wire is getting power. Might have shorted the power wire. check the cig lighter fuse that happened to me before and all the ones in the engine bay and under the steering column. Check the ground cable for the harness maybe it came out. thats all i can think of. hope you fix it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks buddy! I've been gone on a work trip for the last week, so just got the chance to check this. Im actually having my inspection done tomorrow, so if they cant figure it out then, I'll be sure to try all of those ideas and let you know how it turns out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey thanks buddy! I've been gone on a work trip for the last week, so just got the chance to check this. Im actually having my inspection done tomorrow, so if they cant figure it out then, I'll be sure to try all of those ideas and let you know how it turns out!
man i know this was so long ago and probably wont get a response from this but i’m having the same issue but everything is oem, it just went out randomly and all fuses are good including working clock. did you figure out what was wrong w yours?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts