Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#810541'>

hey all,

Just wanted say hi. I'm a newbie to the board and newbie celica owner. I've had a Plymouth Sundance for the last 5 years and last week my transmission went out for the second time in 2 years. I wasn't putting any more money into my pos. So, needless to say I needed to buy a new car. I had a friend who had a celica a few years ago and after riding in it I knew I wanted one.  :p  Mine's a 2000, gt, spectra blue, not quite 34,000 miles. Loved it since the moment I test drove it.  :) As of today I've owned it a week...lol.

So, basically, I'm new to owning a "nice" car and wanna learn all there is to humanly possibly know about my car. Or something like that. lol

Oh, and a side note...I'm a chick. Thought that might be helpful to know.  :upside:</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Hey, welcome to the iste.  We are all more than happy to help you learn "all teh is humanly possible" about your car.  So your a chick huh, oh boy luv and Meryem will be thrilled.  Heh, enjoy the site.</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!
*breaks out the champagne with Meryem and Lucidity*

Welcome to the boards! You've come to the right place to find out all sorts of info about your car. It's great to have another chick with a 7th gen celi.
Get some pictures up soon! Any ideas for your first mods?

:grin:  :thumbsup:  :D</font>

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font color='#810541'>lol...thanks luv.

Pics will be up by this weekend. I keep wanting to take some when I get home from work..but the light's gone by the time I get home. So hafta wait til Saturday during the day.

As far as mods go...when i said i was a newbie..i meant it. I'm clueless. lol. So, I'm reading up....we'll see what happens.
</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by silent_lucidity@Nov. 06 2003,8:12
<font color='#000000'>Oh, and a side note...I'm a chick.</font>
<font color='#000000'>that's allllllll that matters  :thumbsup:

welcome to the boards, and congratulations on your celica acquisition
</font>

·
Registered
122 Posts
<font color='#000000'>hey welcome to the site. im sure youll be able to find out alot here. theres some people who know alot.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>SilentLucidity:  I knew I'd find out something!  Congrats on your celica and welcome to the boards!  It's nice to have another girl around here, you, me and Luv will tear these boys up
 We'll let you know whatever you need to or want to about hooking your car up.  But first, we need to know what you want to do.  Do you just want to make it look pretty, or make it faster or just know general stuff?  We'll help however we can
 And yes, pictures would be nice!
Watch out for spiffy, oh and Frosty too, they're the resident bad boys

Spiffy: :suspect: you bad boy

Celicafan:  Ooooh the moderator has decided to grace us with his presence! heheheh j/k Eric, I know you're busy
</font>

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<font color='#000080'>Thank ya Meryem!

Hehehe...don't worry I might not be able to hold my own with the boys when it comes to cars...but there's plenty of other things that I can.

Just general info right now is all really. I, unfortunately, haven't had much time to be around or do any reading.  I was thinking the other day though of putting Euro lights on it.

Anyway...thanks again.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Oh we'll help you out with whatever we can, even when it comes to the boys and their car knowledge

Hmmm general knowledge, like what?  I mean, I'm sure you know about oil changes and tire pressure and all that jazz... just ask whenver you need to know something
 Is your an auto or manual?

Luv and I both have euro lights on our celicas, they're the same ones by APC except she got hers off of ebay for like $75 (EBAY IS YOUR BEST FRIEND! ) and I got mine from a store for $160 (that was with the discount:().  They look nice, you can see mine here:

http://blahspage.tripod.com/CelicaPics/euro_tails2.jpg

http://blahspage.tripod.com/CelicaPics/euro_light_left.JPG

http://blahspage.tripod.com/CelicaPics/euro_light_right.JPG

There are other styles and stuff too, you just have to decide what look you want.  But definitely register with ebay and start searching for stuff there, you can find new or used stuff in good condition for reasonable prices... But it helps if you look online first to know what stuff retails for so you know how much your saving.
</font>

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<font color='#000080'>I can't see the pics Meryem. If it's a free account at tripod that you're using...they won't let you direct link to pictures like that.

I just haven't come up with any questions yet...lol. But when I do...I'll ask. It's an auto. I know I should have probably gotten a manual...but I don't know how to drive stick. I plan to learn before I buy a car again though..lol.

I should have pics by tomorrow. I finally have some time when there's daylight.
</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>SL-here are our euro lights. Look at my picture in my signature. I actually bought them from a guy I knew. I'm not too familiar with e-bay... I keep hearing people getting ripped off. Euro lights are a good idea to start off with. I think they look great on our cars. There are several different kinds and if I were you, I'd go to those little body/auto shops that do NOT specialize in modification products but still have access in ordering them. They've always been easiest to bargain with, I think. Then how about some tint on your windows? If your're lucky and shop wisely, you can get some euro lights and your windows tinted for 200 bucks.
 Then maybe we can look into getting an intake for you...
more horsepower.  :thumbsup:  :cool:</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Oh yeah, I forgot about that... here are my links from imagestation:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture....rig.jpg

Yeah, you can see the lights in mine or luvs sig, though my car is half over my light in mine
 I think they look MUCH better than the stock lights.
We'll be happy to help when you have questions.
Luv's is a manual, mines an automatic so I know the feeling.  Mine has the tiptronic shift though, so sometimes I put it in m mode and pretend I have a manual
 I wish I got a manual too, but when I got my celi, I wasn't very into fixing cars up and racing, I liked them and I knew some stuff but it was the celi that made me get all "fast & furious"!  Plus I wasn't good at driving stick, I'm VERY rusty, I can shift perfectly fine, I just have trouble with the gas and clutch, my feet don't like to obey me!
Yeah, DEF get tints!!!  And performance wise a cold air intake and catback exhaust are the first things you'll want to get done.  
Can't wait to see your pics!
</font>

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
<font color='#000080'>I really do like the Euros girls. When i was shopping for my car, there was a 2000 GTS at the Honda dealer next door. I wanted it bad...it was black (my preference), white leather interior...tinted windows...and it had the euros. But, my insurance would have been almost double and as I'm squeezing out car and insurance payments as it is..I couldn't afford it. But, I was thinking then that the first thing I'd do is put the euros in.

As far as tinting....I'd like to. But I've been advised by several friends here that it's illegal and I'll get stopped all the time. Not something that bothers me too much, but I dunno. We'll see. All this is gonna have to wait for a while anyway until i can save some money. Unless I can convince my big brother (who's jealous that "I" have the cool car...lol) to buy me the lights for christmas. He just might. lol.

One question I had though....a bra came with my car. Is it worth it to put it on? I live up north and I'm super afraid of what the winter's going to do to the exterior. I was even considering getting a cover...lol.

Unfortunately, I was recruited both saturday and sunday this past weekend to help get ready for a thanksgiving dinner we had on sunday...so needless to say I didn't get pics yet another weekend. But, there WILL be pics this weekend damnit!! Thanksgiving or no thanksgiving...lol.  :p</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>no, SL, what state do you live in? Only a certain degree of tint is illegal and it ranges from state to state. For example, I live in South Carolina and the darkest tint we're allowed to have is 30%. That means only 30% of light is getting through your windows. Meryem lives in New York and their tint max is like... 60% or something.. I forgot what she said. But either way, if you do get darker that your state allows you, there is a chance you'll get pulled over. A friend has VERY dark tint on his windows and has had them that way for the past 2 years. he's only gotten pulled over once and when he did the cop just said 'you need to take care of that' and drove off.. no ticket or anything....

and you looked at a black Celi with WHITE leather interior? damn. thats not stock.. I bet that would look hot... My leather is a dark gray almost black. so is Meryem's. I think thats all they come in. But that black gt-s celica already had mods and stuff.. that means 1. you don't get to pick out your own mods which is the fun part.. *L* 2. there is a chance, if the previous owner was into modifications there's a chance he/she could have dogged it out and might have some kind of engine problems.. *L* ya never know.</font>

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<font color='#000080'>I'm Cincinnati, Ohio. Our winter's the last few years haven't been too harsh...but you never know. My biggest concern isn't the snow or ice...it's salt. I cringe just thinking about it being on my car. I mean, obviously, I plan to keep it as clean as possible. But any extra precautions I can take, I will. I just took it back to the dealer last week. I'd bought what they called "Value-Gard" to put on it. Some sort of coat of protectant over the body. It looks great. I'm hoping that'll help through the weather too.

I'll have to find out what our limit is. Because I'd really like to tint them. The other I wanted is chrome rims. I saw some on a 97 celi...i really liked them.

But that black gt-s celica already had mods and stuff.. that means 1. you don't get to pick out your own mods which is the fun part.. *L* 2. there is a chance, if the previous owner was into modifications there's a chance he/she could have dogged it out and might have some kind of engine problems.. *L* ya never know.[/B]
Very true. I never thought of that. I'm glad I bought mine anyway. Having one that someone else has done up definitely wouldn't be as fun...and wouldn't feel as much like mine. hehehe

I have a sneaking suspicion that whoever owned mine before me was a girl. There's traces of glitter by the gear shift...and on the passenger's seat...lol. They were there when I bought it..lol.</font>

1 - 20 of 77 Posts