Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Maybe it's just the older ones or newer ones... or MAYBE it's just Frosty's car... it would be funny if his was the only celi that didn't want anything but toyota plugs  :p   Someone with more expertise get in here!</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
<font color='#000000'>uh my car runs of the bosch whatever plugs.  But i but some Denso platinums (wanted NGK) and its fine.  It actually helpd throttle response adn it pulls harder.  
I want to run iridium, cause i know what they are supposed to do, but do they really.  For like $10 a plug i need a second opinion.  
BUt hey WIHS and Meryem dont sweat after market plugs.  Although odds are toyo plugs would hopefully be worrie free to chose.</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>*****************************************
EXPERT ON PLUGS RIGHT HERE
Okay listen here. *L* I've been going back and forth between plugs recently with all my car trouble I've been having.... but I'm only certain about my 7th gen celis... so anyways, Bosch SINGLE platinum spark plugs are NO GOOD for toyotas. they suck ass. Bosch DOUBLE platinum plugs are fine for our celi's. The Toyo techs will tell you, like they told me, that toyotas only like plugs made by toyota and they will also say that you'll get better gas mileage. Furthermore, toyo plugs will run you 12 dollars a piece. thats like 50 bucks... (I just bought some).  But anyways, our celis can run just fine with bosch DOUBLE plats and can run just fine with some toyo plugs.... it's just toyo plugs are more expensive. *L* You decide.</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
<font color='#000000'>GO wit Denso or NGK plugs.  Import plugs for an import.  Platinums yall.  Toyo is fine too as dear luv said.  Bosch is german i think so, go figure Das Plugs und schizer.  So go wit toyos or NGK or Denso.  Enjoy.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Wish: QUOTE
Are you saying we don't have experience?[/B]
No, I meant somone with more experience in the plugs area, someone who has needed to change theirs a lot or who had problems and then found what worked, etc

Oh and kissing up to the ladies is always nice
 We appreciate that  :upside:  :D

CelicaXIV: Denso's huh? And NGK's?  hmmm... and what are the Iridiums supposed to do??  I am ignorant on this subject...  :blush: Feel free to fill me in!

Luv: YAY!  The plug expert!!! Woot! lol... awesome feedback girl, that stuff's good to know  :thumbsup:</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>Meryem-aww, shucks...  :blush:

Wish-hey now, there's plenty of me to go around for all of you....  ;)  hunny bunny.

Celica-awww...  :blush:

hahaha.. but anyways, that info should be accurate enough.. I've dealt with a lot of car work dealing with my damn plugs in the past couple of days, like I said. blah... poor Rosie.</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I  would first like to give a shout out to my two home girls Luv and Meryem.  Woot woot.  Ok.  

Well here is the 411 (90s style there)  on iridiums and a little back round knowledge. PS i jsut got done with my second term paper of the week so i am in writing mode.

When ever a spark plug ignites it loses some of the metal that transfers current.  Eventually the gap in the plug gets bigger and bigger requireing more power to jump the gap.  So to reconsile this new materials ahve been used.  Platinum can work optimaly under higher tempuratures and deteriorates slower.  Iridium same deal.  With the iridium plugs there is a more percise fireing end on it.  So instead of firing over a wide area it is very precise giving the most acurate fire of all plugs.  Better ignition in short.  Weather (or whether, wether?)  it works or not is a heated debate, no pun there.  so there u go.  Ladies gent.  C ya round.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Luv:  :thumbsup:

Celica: Woot right back atcha!  Thanks for the info, that was very concise and straight to the point
 I usually go the long way in my stories  :upside:
Oh and it's "whether"... "weather" is rain and snow and sun  and stuff..."whether" is everything else
</font>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts