Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>
Just got the baby in June of 02' Brand spankin' new!! Cherry red!! What can I do to make it FASTER??? Regret not buying the GTS.....
Is there a chip I can buy or something? I'm familiar with American cars - This is my first import... I don't want Nitrous... Cops would really love me then...</font>

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font color='#000000'>HELP!  I loaned my 2001 Celica to a friend who downshifted from 5th to 2nd and put the engine in an "over-rev" situation....$12,000 in damages to engine, block, cluth, you name it!  Has anyone esle had this happen??  Could you get Toyota to pay for any of it???   Isn't it a major design flaw??? :(</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Silver Bullett:

Nope it isn't a design flaw, you do that in any car and it would probably blow the motor.  I'm kind of curious how fast he was going because I believe in second gear you can be in 60mph range and still be ok.  If you try to have it taken care of under warrenty they are able to do a diagnotic and tell exactly how fast the car was going when it was downshifted but if you are lucky they will be able to help you.  It just depends on which toyota place you go to.

The one I go to fixed my belt tensioner even though I was past the 36000 mile warranty.  Best of luck on this one</font>

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Originally posted by Notenuf@Jan. 01 2003,2:47
<font color='#000000'>
Just got the baby in June of 02' Brand spankin' new!! Cherry red!! What can I do to make it FASTER??? Regret not buying the GTS.....
Is there a chip I can buy or something? I'm familiar with American cars - This is my first import... I don't want Nitrous... Cops would really love me then...</font>
<font color='#000000'>I got mine a Jan of '02, come to the dark side and go with a turbo  :devil: , I want NOS too though, so I don't know if you should listen to me.  I'm waiting till 36k though....  :down: feels like forever........  Intake and exhaust made a decent difference on my car....plugs and whatever just till the engine mods get started.....</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts