Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>ok first of all im new to this forum as of today and im new to celicas as of today
but i have a couple of questions i bought my friends 96 celica gt with 90k on her perfect body and perfect interior.......but......with blown motor i paid 2k for the car now was it worth it if so please explain......now my second question as for a new engine if you were in my shoes what would you do reasonably.....i can get a stock 96gt motor for 700 ......whats the hp rating in those and 1/4 mile times.....also can u turbo them reliably i want to run 12-low 13's....but i need a good engine to start from and i need a reliable engine that can take boost and hp......now i herd u guys talk about this engine the 3sgte....is it a good one? and if i did the swap myself how much would it cost in the end just to have it in the car and running not mod it out for hp cause im not ready to do that i just want something to make the car run but something i can get some awsome hp out of well sorry its so long but thankx</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<font color='#000000'>jhull is there anyway i could get a hold of you? i would love to ask u some questions over the phone maybe u could explain stuff better that way to me....cause i do have a few questions i would to have answered and from what i have read on some of your post you know what your talking about but my email is [email protected] get back to me asap or anyone who know there sh*t please email me thankx</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>jhull is the man to speak to re 3sgte swaps

the stock engine is the 5sfe can be turbo'd ( ask redswan) but isnt really designed for it. he's had heaps of probs with his but that also would  have a bit to do with the weight of his right foot id imagine.

3sgte is the wtg.</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts