Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Hey guys I just joined this club cause I just got my new 03 Celica GT about two weeks ago.    :D  I want to start the mods but I am kind of lost I just switched from Hondas to Toyota. PLus I justed moved to Phoenix from Florida. I can't wait to get started but I don't want to void the waranty. I need you guys help. Hoep to hear from you all soon. Good to be Part of the new club</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#000080'>If you don't want to void your warrenty, you pretty much need to stick with TRD parts. (I did that when I first bought mine.) The first thing I did was buy a TRD perf exhaust, it has a good hp gain and a deep rumble to it. Theres a TRD perf air filter, but it sucks..It'll maybe give your celica 1hp, not alot of gain for the money you'll spend on it....Let me know if I can help out any.</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000080'>The secret is to get anything you put on your car taken off before you take it to the dealership.
 You got a ton of mods for your car out now.  There is a fairly good aftermarket for the 7th gen celicas, but any forced induction is going to be difficult because of the high compression ratio.</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#000080'>I had a friend that did that, but the mechanics knew something was up when they snooped around the engine. Theres also some brackets in the engine compartment that you half to replace once you take a part off. (Then you have no choice but to buy a plastic fastner from the dealer. very sneeky.)</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#000080'>If you do tweek out your celica with aftermarket parts....Before you know it you'll be living near the canadian boarder, posting yellow heads that hold up stupid signs in the forums.   :laugh:</font>

·
Registered
32 Posts
Originally posted by TicketBoy@Dec. 18 2002,11:38
<font color='#000000'>If you don't want to void your warrenty, you pretty much need to stick with TRD parts. (I did that when I first bought mine.) The first thing I did was buy a TRD perf exhaust, it has a good hp gain and a deep rumble to it. Theres a TRD perf air filter, but it sucks..It'll maybe give your celica 1hp, not alot of gain for the money you'll spend on it....Let me know if I can help out any.</font>
<font color='#000000'>Does that apply to my new GTS? I need some input I started a thread but need more info  I guess on things other than intakes.

Kyle</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts