Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Sup ya'll i need sum feedback on wat to do to my 3sge engine.  My friends cousin gave me the engine for free so i think imma build it up and throw it in my 91 celica.  u guys got any ideas on wat parts to put on drop me a message</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000000'>humm... 3sge is the same block and head as the 3sgte... drop the compression get some new internals a stand alone, and a turbo</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font color='#000000'>sorry but can u be a bit more specific?? i'm kinda new at this,  and like i want my car to run in the low 13's or even 12's  heh i kno it sounds like a lot and it'll cost some cash but hey i'm willing, i just need to be pointed in the right direction</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000000'>lol sorry man.. here are some things u will need to purchase
i would start with some pistons get some forged JE's bore the block .20 over to resurface the cylinders drop the compression down to 8.5:1, if u want take it to 8.0:1 the 8.0:1 will sacrafic hp when the turbo isnt spooled but will allow u to boost higher, get some rings with those as well,all of that should run u 650 without including the machine work to the block. they say the water jackets are different on the 3sgte, but i wont believe that intill i see it cause it is the same block and head so a lot of parts are interchangable between the two. the rods they say will hold up to 600hp, if shotpenned, so u can do that or be safe about it and get new ones, new ones will be lighter and hold much more hp but will run u around 700,. next have the crank resurfaced and the block machined get all new bearings for them this should cost u around 300. next is kinda a option to do u dont have to but in order to do it right i would... that is to get the head done atleast get new valves valve seats and retainers.. this all would cost u around 600 if u got the extra cash then get it ported and polished and get new spings as well but that could tac on a extra 1000+ dollars.. turbo and manifold is next I would shoot for a t3/4 they will do what u want them to do cost around 1000 for the turbo u will need a manifold made that will run u around 500 but will include a spot for a tial wastegate which u will also  need a 40mm is all u need for that and that should be around 300. next for injectors get atleast some 550cc they have to be top fed u can get some tt supra ones they are that size if u get them used they will run u between 200-300. a progressive fuel pressure regulator will also help that should run u around 300. a good clutch and flywheel which should run u around 700 u have to do some reseach on which ones u want, and a stand alone engine management to run it.. again do ur research on that as the price will vary it will cost atleast 1200..
if u have any other questions on where to get it or what i would suggest let me know, i can get some of the stuff, and am willing to help u as much as u need</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts