Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93 Celica GT. Behind the rotor there is a connector, right above it there's another connector. That connector broke into pieces and I can't figure out were the two cables go. I think that one is white and the other black or brown. I'm wondering if someone could send me a few pics of that area to see which cable goes where. I'm talking about the driver's side view. Thanks

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably an ABS wheel speed sensor. Match the wire colors and put on a new pair of plugs.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
My car doesn't have ABS. What I need is a picture of a connector that is located behind rotor. One cable is black with a orange stripe and the other is white with a blue stripe.
Probably an ABS wheel speed sensor. Match the wire colors and put on a new pair of plugs.

· Registered
477 Posts
Oh, you mean the distributor (rotor is inside).

That plugs into the distributor. It's been replaced before - note the green butt connectors. It looks like it failed due to heat

• you may be able to rebuild the plug with a new insulator.
  • also, chase the heat as you'll end up doing the plug again. Check the the and pipe, it's in the area and likely leaking.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply. We are getting there. What I mean is in which order the cables that are behind the distributor go. In other words does the white cable connect on the top of the plug (based on my pic)and the brown on the bottom or as you see it on my pic or vice versa. Thanks. The cables were pulled out and the guy that was working on my car doesn't remember which cable goes where.

· Registered
477 Posts
Those are the secondary ignition coil wires from the igniter. Orange to the pos, white to the neg.

Get a meter, Pull the cap,, find the pos terminal of the coil, disconnect the wire there, then backtrack the wire to the plug to see which socket it traces to

1 - 8 of 8 Posts