Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently purchased a 2000 GT. When I got it, the previous owner said it lost all power when driving and heard a slight slap/knock up top. Then he parked it and hasn't drove it since. So I looked at the car and the timing chain is loose, but still considered if it had a bent valve or a possible rod bearing or something along that nature. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
welcome. I'm sure you'll get some help here, the holidays are slowing down responses from the experts or rather the experienced usual info providers. When a PO says "slight" it's usually a red flag but it's good they parked it; I'm not familiar with a 2000, too new for me. What engine is in it? If you google the engine model with the words "loss of power knock" you might come up with something. By your brief description sounds like a valve or lifter. I'm sure someone will help here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome. I'm sure you'll get some help here, the holidays are slowing down responses from the experts or rather the experienced usual info providers. When a PO says "slight" it's usually a red flag but it's good they parked it; I'm not familiar with a 2000, too new for me. What engine is in it? If you google the engine model with the words "loss of power knock" you might come up with something. By your brief description sounds like a valve or lifter. I'm sure someone will help here.
Thank you, I believe it's the 1zze? Not 100% sure I will check here in a little bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts