Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>alright ... i was contemplating turboing my 89 celica st... but i decided that im gonna just try and keep it n/a for now... so besides intake... exaust.... crank pulley... what else could i do?.... camshaft?... throttle body?... head... intake manifold... performance chip? where would i find those
... and list anything else i could do and where i could get it...</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>89?  Damn that's 4th gen, I don't think we have very many 4th genners here, so I dunno who'll be able to help you.  Jhull and Redswan are our resident 5th gen experts and they're pretty good with 7th gen's too so they might be able to to give you a hand... just be patient.
</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>if im not mistaken 4th gen gt has the 3sfe engine in it....
good luck finding parts for that. cat back exhast and intake should be easy to do. pully might be hard to find.
Throttle body, theres gonna be none made for that all you really could do is try to find one that bolts on to your intake manifold and somehow fit you tps to it. 9 outta 10 times you cant fit the tps. to be honest i dont even know if id try it. the gts used the 3sge. they share many of the same parts.  the block is the same so oil pump, ect.... are swappable the head is also swappable. you could swap the whole head intake manifold, injectors, computer ect... that would gain you about 30hp.. other then that there isnt much you can do with that engine. cams arnt made cam gears cant be done with there cam set up. I am selling piggy back systems on the forum you can see the post under for sale or group buy but i wouldnt really recommend it for you unless you did a head swap. the problem is this engine was never made for performance its kinda like buying a 4 cylinder mustang and trying to make it fast theres no point in trying unless you do something big to start (engine swap ect....)</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yeah, gt parts hard to find.  but fortunately he has an st.  unfortunately st parts are also hard to find.</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>damn missed that... 4th gen st what engine does that have in it? I cant seem to remmember.</font>

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
<font color='#000000'>yeah, so apparently they both have the 3sfe engine.  it appears the only difference between the gt and st in 4th gens is the wheels...  how strange.  we should take this to the 4th gen forum and ask them.</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>well then the first post still stands  :D
they didnt produce the 5sfe intill the 5th gen right?
maybe its like the 5th gen gt vs gts same engine ect... just some suspension differences ect....</font>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts