Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, well I just bought my first car ever. It's a 1995 Celica GT with 104,000 miles on it. I was happy when I borught it home and found out that the timing Belt had been changed at 90,000 miles. Anyways I have a few questions...

1) There is a diagnosis port under the hood which I am told you can hook your laptop up to somehow to manage the computer in the car. Is this possible, and if so, what do i need?

2) My car's an auto (which is one drawback) but it's still kinda quick. To get that extra little oomph, what are some cheaper modifications that will bring up the horsepower a bit?

3) What are the biggest rims I can put on this baby? I as thinking/hoping 17's, but if I have t okeep the 15's on it, it'll be alright.

4) What are some sites dedicated to selling parts for my type of car? I'm talking liek performance parts. Are there any stores in the Minnesota region that sell performance parts?

Thanks for all of your help if you cna give any, and if not, thanks for being at least interested enough to check out the thread about my car! I'm so happy about it! It's driving me nuts thinking that I can't drive it for another 4 months (I get my license in 4 months).

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
congrats on the purchase of a new car.. Im excited to see we have member in the board who also likes to post.... anyway i will answer all the questions i can to help you out..
1) no the diagnastic port can not be hooked up to a labtop to convert stock maps, ect... this is used for a toyota dealer to tap into when there is a problem with the car.. you might also need to tap into it down the road to diagnose a problem.. but you cannot alter the cars computer though it, that is what piggy back and stand alone engine management systems do.
2) the cheaper mods that you can do is a cold air intake, exhast, and fuel pressure regulator.. actually thats like the only cheap mods you can do to that engine..
3)the biggest rims that i know will fit on that car is 18's you will have no problem getting 17's on
4) there really isnt any sites dedicated to 5sfe performace parts, as a matter of fact there really isnt anything made specificly for that engine, and all mods you do will be more of a universal part.. there are very few mods made just for that engine..
keep posting and let us know any mods you plan to go with what they do for you. and keep asking the questions..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, so can you recommend any websites/companies dedicated to even the universal parts? I think I may do some rims. The car came with the stock 15's and the people were dumb and used Armor All tire protectant (or something like that) which ate away at the alloy. Also, I have to replace one of the headlight assemblies, but fortunately I'm a great negotiater and got the dealership to do that for me. :) For free! So yeah, if you can tell me any sites dedicated to just plain performance parts then that'd be great. I'm kind of into racing and show. Topday, I raced a Cavilier...it was fun because I let her get a 3 second start and I still killed right away. The car is quick! I'm so glad there's a site dedicated to us Celica owners and fans!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, well what do you have? I'd rather just go through the supplier/website/company directly instead of through someone else. No offense. I just want to be able to do it through a secure form, actually that's really not me....more my parents. They'll order it and I pay them back type of deal. But yeah, any websites or catalogs you know of?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I've always trusted www.burientoyota.com

They have a section dedicated to celica performance parts, in fact TRD northwest is on the same street as they are and are probably the most trustworthy company I've worked with.

Check em out and let me know if they can provide what you are looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts