Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new here, and i just bought my first car this week. It is a 1990 toyota celica st. It is a manual, and in pretty good condition. I do not have much experience with manuals (3 days) so i am not smooth with it, or with driving other cars, so i was just wondering if you guys could tell me how this car ranks up to other cars. is it sporty speed and handling wise? i know it is the least sporty celica, but i dont think i could have gotten a much better one post 1990 for the price i paid. I paid 2100 and had to put a new radiator in it for 280, but other than that it is in great condition. I would appreciate any feedback I could get about this car and whether i got a deal or not on it ( i think i did ). thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
i think you got an amazing deal. infact thats the kind of deal ive just been hopeing for on my part. i bought my girlfriend a 94 gt. a few months ago and im kicking myself because i didnt get it for me. its also a manual shift but ive never seen her happier with any other car. as for driving a manual, it will come in time. ive been driving manuals for a long time and i wouldnt have it any other way. and is it sporty, we are talking about the same people that brought us the supra. but if your comparing it to a honda or acura. i think you made the right choice. remember, just learn all you can about it and if you have any questions this is where you would get the answers. anyway welcome to the board hope to see you again and have fun with yuor new car.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
sleepy_b.. you couldnt of said it any better..
I bought my 90 gt for 1000
  and it had new tires, new clutch, and new battery.. Ill just say i was in the right place at the right time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts