Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>Ive Done it... after 2 years of owning my car.. my engine blew doing 115 mph on the high way... piston broke and pierced threw my block... so i took the car to the shop and they told me i need a new engine... so i was like perfect... time to drop the 3sgte... after looking around for 2 month i found jamasco auto repair ... they have done the 3sgte swap countless times in every generation celica including the 7th and except the 1st... its still in the shop but here are pics of my car. ill post final pic later.. can you guys change the info on my members pics to 1994 Celica GT-2 (3sgte). after much discusion me and my friends decided to call it gt-2 since it is gt-4 engien but 2wd drive car... also mr2...gt-2...
for complete mod list go to http://www.6gc.net/members/812

for more pics go to http://www.bellsouthpwp.net/p/h/pharoh/celica/</font>

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>man, I hate to admit it but once I strayed from tc.com and went to newcelica.org... I'll never do that again. I was joking around the way I do here and they ripped on me hard... They were all really perverted guys and were being mean to me mostly becuase I was a girl.... never again.</font>

·
Registered
113 Posts
<font color='#008080'>XXX_mina: Sweet ride!! A turbo setup under the Christmas tree would the best present Santa could ever get me! But since I have an automatic, I am going to wait for a stick and then turbo it.. Isnt it nice to dream??   :blush:  Again you got a [email protected]$$ car!  
</font>

·
Registered
51 Posts
<font color='#000000'>So how exactly did they do it?  (obviously not asking for the little details
) Ive been looking for an engine that I want to swap in when mine goes and the biggest issue that came with putting a more powerful engine in my celi was that the tranny and such would not fit properly from a RWD put in a FWD.  Cause there are a lot of engines I would love to consider if they know how to put a RWD or AWD engine into a FWD.  
Lots</font>

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font color='#000000'>if you have my mechanic its easy... if your car is gt you can use your tranny with gt-4 engine instead of mr2, but it really cant handle the power.

just use the mr2 engine and tranny... not really hard to fit them. there was 1 guy who had a problem (his hood would'nt close) he added a spacer as a temporary fix, and should be lowering his engine soon.

anyway... from the looks of it, my mechanic had no problem fitting the engine in.... the tranny easily handles the power... and he has told me that he has never seen the axels break.

How did i do it? I got lucky, i found a mechanic that has done the 3sgte swap in every generation celica , including the new one .... best bet, is to pay the extra shipping fee, and send it to jamasco auto repair in hollywood florida to do it....  ask around ... on all the boards... for  a mechanic in your area that has done it... mine is amazing... he worked on fast and furious 2 .

my intercooler core, came from the evo 8 from fast and the furious...</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>THE JAMASCO CELI GUY IS YOUR MECHANIC?!?!?!  DUUUUUUUUUDE!  That's awesome!!! I've seen that car on a few sites and I thought that was the sweetest engine setup in a celi I've ever seen!  WOW!!!  Now I know if I ever need to get it done where to go!  Oh God... *drool*
</font>

·
Registered
51 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Well around here, toyota is not a priority.  When I went to the local customs shop 'Augusta Customs' if anyone knows them.  They didnt really know what to think with me wanting to work on my Celi.  They are so into civics etc.  They couldnt find anyone who really knew toyota as their first child. Im sure that they would be willing to use my car as  an experiment for celicas , they are beggining to grow here in Augusta, especially 5th gens!
, but I would probably have to sign a paper saying that they can give up and just give me my car in shambles.

If you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost you mina?  
And were you saying that the tranny from a GT or GTS can handle the mr2 engine?  The reason I was looking into this is because I may need a new tranny and I might as well get one with some cahones if im gonna have an engine (later) that can use it.</font>

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<font color='#000000'>Periculum : this is how it works.... if your gonna use your GT or GTS tranny... get the gt-4 engine... if you wanna use the mr2 turbo tranny... then get the mr2 turbo engine.... i reccomend you get the mr2 turbo engine, its harder to do but allot stronger and made for turbo engine. so it can handle the power... the gt or gts tranny cant handle that power and tend to break allot....  

i reccomend if you like the 5th gen... sell yours and get a 5th gen gt-4 celica , alltrac celica since this is america...

Mina</font>

·
Registered
29 Posts
<font color='#000000'>so, how much was it mina? ive been thinkin about doin it, but i dont kno exactly WHAT i would have to have to make a full swap and dont wanna buy the engine, and then not be able to buy all the other accessories and not be able to make a full swap.....can u tell me what all i would have to have to make a full swap? o yea, if u guys are lookin for a 3sgte, i found the perfect jdm site that sells all sorts of jdm engines, www.totaljdm.com  thats prolly where i get my engine from if i got one, the shippings 35 bux too,  

o yea, i have a 94 gt</font>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts