Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i just bought a 90 celica st. I was driving home from work and it started sputtering real bad. I thought it was running out of gas. After filling up i could not get it to start. I have replaced the fuel pump but still nothing. I NEED HELP PLEASE

· Registered
32 Posts
Did you check all the fuse's inside the car and under the hood? If there good check to see if you are getting any fire at the plugs. If no fire pull off the distribtor cap and check the rotor button. If that's ok Check the coil, if the coil is good. most likely brain box is bad.

· Registered
857 Posts
Check for ignition. take your plugs out. Attach them back to your wires. With someone turning the key over touch the threads to the block and look for a spark. If that doesnt work then check compression...etc

· Registered
32 Posts
It could if it's gone up into the plug boot to could be shorting out clean up the plugs and test for fire if they are firing try replacing the valve cover gasket to stop the oil from shorting out if no fire then the oil's not doing it.

· Registered
300 Posts
if you have oil at your 1&4 spark plugs, chances are you've got a bad valve cover gasket( just as theone said ). Back to the issue at hand, use the diagnosis box and short pins TE1 and E1, turn the key to the "on" position and count the number of times the check engine light blinks. For a normal operating code, it should blink 2 times every second and be constant, otherwise you have a code. Other then that, check fuel, spark and air; also it wouldn't hurt to check the timing as well.

· Registered
454 Posts
Put a timing light on the the primary wire from coil to dizzy.
- If lighting, then chase signal to plugs.
-if not, then chase backwards thru ICM, ECU and Dizzy pickup coils.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts