Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>All Right, in about 2 weeks my 1988 Celica GT coupe is getting a new look, going from Black to Shamrock Green over Sunshine Yellow, with Metal flake. ovcourse smaller flake.  anyway, Im gonna show you the rims, and i want your guyses info on what you think will look Nice.
oh and also, Im doing 17" just to let yuo know

1. Konig Blatant (Silver)

2. Konig Blatant (Bronze)

3. Konig Helium (Bronze)

4. 5Zigen Fighter (Titanium Chrome like finish with a rose, gold tint)

Any help would be greatly aprechiated, or any other rims you think would look nice let me know.
Thanks again Justin...</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>I like the first one, the Konig Blatant in Silver... I'm not to big on gold or bronze rims, unless your car is the exact same color.  It just looks like you were trying to match it and couldn't.  Just my 2 cents...  They also have some nice rims at http://www.tirerack.com  You can choose your car model and it'll pop up a pic for you and you get to see exactly what the rims will look like on it.  I wanted to get black rims and then saw how it looked and changed my mind.  Oh they also have nice stuff at http://www.thedealonwheels.com  Let us know what you decide on!  :thumbsup:</font>

·
Registered
85 Posts
<font color='#000080'>No. 3 looks nice, for some reason 7-spoke 17" rims look nice on the '88, not 'cos i've got them, but i recently put some on mine, ALT "sevens" they're champagne in colour, very nice, all you got to do is drop the car.
Hope it helps, good luck.
By the way how much is your paint job costing ya?</font>

·
Registered
0 Posts
<font color='#000000'>ok, there were 3 years (i think) that the celica recieves "Import Sprots Car of the Year" by Motor Trend.  It was during the 80's, what years were they?

sorry its off the topic...........btw, the first rims look best.  I was going to get konig for my 91 but it was too much $$, so i settled for these cheap generic ones the guy tried to sell me.  They are only 15's but cromed and cool-looking.

PS, the smaller the better, small = good braking distance, better ride, etc..
</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts