Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im going down one of our streets here in Atlanta that is known for IDIOTS racing... well this night on my way home from work i became one of those IDIOTS but somehow won... don't stop reading its true... hilarious but true... Its about 2AM and like i said im on my way home from work.. i get stopped at a traffic light and im sitting there minding my own business when this younger guy pulls up next to me in said 2001 911 turbo. Now i know that anyone who actually knows how to drive such a car would have taken me HANDS DOWN especially since my motor seems half the time like its gonna blow up and at the time i had baaaad clutch slippage. But this guy couldn't have been older that 17-18 years old driving daddys porshce. So he revs and revs and hits the rev limiter like an idiot numerous times. Light turns green im at about 4k and drop the clutch... it slips a little but squeeks the tires a bit... he takes off... WAAAAY infront of me when i see him shift into second and the porsche ROCKS bad... for some reason he slows WAAAAYYYYY down.. lol i caught up to him as he was shifting into third and continued to slow down BAD... then when i got up next to him i look over and he down shifted... don't know what gear he put it in but the next thing i knew.. i was pulling away from him.. WHAT? yes pulling away from him... i look into the rear view mirror and all i see is smoke coming from under the hood of the car.. i flew down.. hit a u-turn and came back to his car... come to find out he over revved and threw a rod through the engine block HAHAHA.. so in reality i did win... and his daddy was pissed... but i can always say for the rest of my life i beat a 911 turbo from light to light.. even though the only reason it happened was because he didn't know how to drive a stick :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wow that cracks me up. Great story. Its not about how big your motor is or what kind of car you have. Its how you drive your car! A better driver will beat a better car 9 times out of 10

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
" it doesn't mater if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."

that sucks, for the kid in the Porsche

1 - 6 of 6 Posts