Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>I was at home on my lunch break, flipping through channels while eating my rice bowl

There was some show on about street racing...couldn't find the name, but it had gotten to the part where the cops were busting people & showing what they look for (I think this was in San Diego) & I saw a white 5th Gen Celica being impounded! ohh, that's gotta hurt...
</font>

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
<font color='#000080'>Did they measure the headlights from the ground and stupid stuff like that?

I think I've seen that one before

Anyone know where all these rules are?  I would kind of like to know what my limits are without having to go to the police station every time I want to mod my car  :glare:</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font color='#000000'>yah, that's the one...I don't know what the deal is w/ the headlights...the only thing I've heard from my friend's uncle who's a CHP officer is that the license plate has to be a certain # of inches from the ground, which makes the license plate in the windshield a no-no
</font>

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
<font color='#FF0000'>I saw that on mtv.. at first I thought it was the show "COPS" on street racing or something...Which would be cool to watch! Call your local DMV office and they will send you info on stuff like that.

Anyone know where all these rules are?  I would kind of like to know what my limits are without having to go to the police station every time I want to mod my car  [/B]
</font>

·
Registered
212 Posts
Originally posted by TicketBoy@Jan. 13 2003,11:29
<font color='#000000'>I saw that on mtv.. at first I thought it was the show "COPS" on street racing or something...Which would be cool to watch! Call your local DMV office and they will send you info on stuff like that.

Anyone know where all these rules are?  I would kind of like to know what my limits are without having to go to the police station every time I want to mod my car  
</font>[/B][/QUOTE]
<font color='#000000'>yeah but unless you are from cali. most places sre not that srtict. you know they get bent even if you try to lower your stuff in any way that they dont see fit. ill stay with texas.</font>

·
Registered
424 Posts
<font color='#000000'>in vegas   the law is that if the body sits lower than the bottom of the rim  it is illegal.......also stickers r illegal too  and exhaust  i got a ticket for my stickers and got pulled over last week for my exhaust  and my exhaust isnt even loud</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>man im not sure anything is illegal here</font>

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
<font color='#000000'>and you know this how? ???</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
<font color='#810541'>I live here in cali.. its not that bad.. they really dont care... maybe the cops are corrupt but no one gets pulled for exhaust or ride height
i just slammed my cel.. hehehe
 the back wheel tucks in to the fender its great...  earlier i was reading about window tint.. and i might be mistaken but everyone was talkin about 5% tint? thats a little or lot? cuz out here its like 100% in the back and like 25 in the front but cops dont care about that either..</font>

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
<font color='#000000'>what are you talking about i live in cali too and the cops are strict as hell. i have to change my exhaust tomarrow becuase i got pulled over and my exhaust isnt loud at all. its just because its a big muffler. and then they made my friend take all of his stickers off his integra and the other day they pulled him over for his exhaust even though his is stock. the cop that pulled me over was foolwing me for a while before he did. i guess he was waiting for me to  do something stupid or running my plates butt then since nothing came up bad he said"i guess i better pull the rice car over" and my exhaust is super quiet.</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
<font color='#810541'>i guess it depends on where u live because out here they have other things to do like catch all the molesters and druggies out here.... our city is ranked for how much sex offenders we have lol its in the top 3</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Ralph96gt@Jan. 27 2003,8:47
<font color='#000000'>then they made my friend take all of his stickers off his integra</font>
<font color='#000000'>Were the stickers completely covering the rear window or windshield or something? That seems a bit extreme...

This is from the California Vehicle Code:
26708.  (a) (3)
Signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a
7-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver, signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the rear window farthest removed from the driver, or signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a 5-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver.</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by HawkEye@Jan. 28 2003,8:13
<font color='#000000'>i guess it depends on where u live</font>
<font color='#000000'>yah, it really does depend on where in CA...I know the east bay is really bad & some of the rural areas along I-5
Somewhere I have a list of known speed traps..I'll see if I can dig it up & post it
 (of course the CHP swears that "speed traps are illegal" ...riiiiiigghhht...does it stop them? no.)
btw, where are you guys from?</font>

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
<font color='#000000'>
Originally posted by CelicaFan+Jan. 28 2003,8:30-->QUOTE (CelicaFan @ Jan. 28 2003,8:30)
<!--QuoteBegin-Ralph96gt
@Jan. 27 2003,8:47
then they made my friend take all of his stickers off his integra
Were the stickers completely covering the rear window or windshield or something? That seems a bit extreme...[/B]
he had a big one in his windsheild and he had to take it off.</font>

·
Registered
319 Posts
<font color='#810541'>Im from lancaster, 1 hour north of LA where LACR is at.
</font>

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by Ralph96gt@Jan. 28 2003,1:34
<font color='#000000'>he had a big one in his windsheild and he had to take it off.</font>
<font color='#000000'>how big is big? I was worried about the tinting strip on my windshield, but the guy that did it assured me that it's okay to have something 4" from the top, measured at the center...though I didn't see that in the veh. code.</font>

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
<font color='#000000'>You are lucky you are there, here anything from the driver's side window forward it ILLEGAL....  no tint, stickers nothing, not even the 6 inches from the top on the windshield and if they see ANYTHING on the windshield they will pull you over, I know  :cool:   I have tint and get pulled over constantly...  However, the shoulders back you can do whatever you want, but it looks stupid that way to me  :p</font>

1 - 20 of 27 Posts