Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 86 mr2 with an engine out of a 88 mr2 4a-gze supercharged....what can I do to make it go fast?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I guess you would find better answer in MR2 forums. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry. No offense. Since it is a 4A-GZE engine, I thought he would have better luck there. Celica doesn't use supercharger (well, at least in stock form). I just think the resources is limited here. I apologize for any rudness.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyhow, an engine is an engine.....so the same stuff aplies to all of them... I found out my mr2 needed a rebuild...so I droped the engine, and did some research...  I pulled it down to the block and stuffed it full of forged pistons, carrillo rods for a 1.8 liter, and a 1.8 liter crank.  I also used pistons with a higher wrist pin height
 I built me a toyota stroker motor...  I got my head reworked, intake & Exhaust port polished, intake manifold extrude honed, and the stock manifold replaced with a header.  I will be running a k&n cone filter, along with an msd blaster 2 coil and magacore wires....

I'm just amazed @ the parts the make for this thing....its so awesome.

I wish they made this much for my celi!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep its done, cars not running yet though, still got to hook all the crap up to the motor, although it is in the car now.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
a supercharger is gonna be almost the same as a turbo as far as bang for the buck mods, the best and easiest way to get it done will be good intake, exhast, and ingition. those together will spare you a decient amount of hp, well who doesnt know that..lol just wanted to post again. hehe

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Speaking of turbo/super chargers has anyone finished development on the 2000 GTS?  I've seen some kits around but they've all been labeled "under development". Here's what I've seen:

I know Blitz is working on a supercharger and I've seen pics on http://www.i-m-racing.com/blitcelgts00.html

West Covina Toyota says a turbo is in development at http://www.wctoyotasport.com/

Rumors of a supercharger for the Matrix XRS made by TRD have been floating around. Like from this site http://www.celicagarage.citymax.com/board/...c/6511/1616.htm

Has anyone heard anything?  Know of any sites?

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Mr2 is complete, and broken in...I got my new interior in, my sound system in and the engine is all done

Here is the route I chose to go with it.
Forged Wiseco pistons
Total Seal rings
Engine Balance
Carrillo Rods
Full Port Polish from throttle body to head to the exhaust manifold
Toyota Bearings
Accel Supercoil with MSD wires
Supercharger Rebuild with/HKS pulley to make it build more boost earlier
15degree btdc timing
Stainless steel intake plumbing, with K&N cone filter Routed to bottom of engine compartment
HKS Catback exhaust
TRD camshafts
Celica (5S-FE) injectors swiped from my old motor
Ford Mustang GT airflow meter that Wynne Speed modified to fit
Billet Fuel Rail, and Supra Fuel pump

Its broken in and has made about 3 passes
Ran a 13.68 on premium gasoline and Toyo T1 Tires

I am happy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13