Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Note: I have a 5sfe 5th gen.

Ok, I know an MR2 3S will fit into a 5th gen perfectly. I just wanted to know the HP specs and what year I should get of the MR2 engine for a nice swap.

Also, I've heard of people swapping in 1JZGTE engines into their 5th gen's. WTF is that? Can it really be done? Is there enogh space in the engine bay for that kind of engine?

either 3sgte swap or audi a4 2.7t...jhull answer me quick

btw, i'm back! havne't posted anything for almost a year</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000F22'>3sgte is a bolt in besides the harness and other sensors you would need to add. 2nd gen is the most common of the swaps (3rd gen would be really nice but they are very pricy) 3rd gen is 260hp =P
supra engine forget it, i dont know anyone that pulled this off yet i know a bunch of people that said they were doing it and all the sudden u never see them again (I think they are bullshitters) Its one thing to say u wanna try but there were a couple people on the board who swore they did it and they were almost done, and they are no longer active either they screwed there cars up and junked them so they dont come on anymore cause they dont have a celica anymore or they are out tearing the roads up.... I believe it was the first senerio. dont even try it....
3s good idea, can be done!</font>

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font color='#000000'>Ok, so the 3rd gen engines are 260. what about the 2nd gen? and if anyone can, is there a good site to view the specs on this engine.</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts