Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>I have a celica XT 1982 with a 21R-C engine. The Engine has a stock air filter and stock carby and the exhaust and everything else are stock too. So basically it's a stock celica.
Can anyone tell me what peformance mods I can do, each one under $100?
especially the air filter, i have no idea what to do. what's better than the stock, why, what about the other pipes which connect to the air filter, what happens to them. also the top of the carby isn't round.
Any help would be great.</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>I don't think there's anything you can do with that kind of a budget, I tried to go low on everything I got but the cat back exhaust was about $300 and the cold air was over $200, but they really help and give a kick!  I'm sure someone else around here can help you out though... SOme one with more mechanical no how than me.  :blush:
Good luck!  :thumbsup:</font>

·
Registered
563 Posts
<font color='#000000'>k&n are the wtg. i coudnt tell you if they make a filter to fit into the factory air box but you could fashion up piping... good if you know an exhaust shop w/ a mandrel bender. and just jem a k&n conical filter on it.

as for exhaust im not sure what is avaliable for your car as far as extactors but a custom system wouldnt be too hard, best to go talk to your exhaust shop but i dont know you chances of coming out spending less then $100 per item.</font>

G

·
<font color='#000000'>I am selling performance chips, I got a 88 Celica GT myself, and it is supposed to add to 5 to 20 horse power. By increasing gas and air flow.
E-mail: [email protected]
Thanks,
Crypter</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts