Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>I have a 1994 toyota celica, it has 15 inch rims, is it possible to put on bigger rims and what do i have to take into consideration when pussing on bigger rims?  and does my 2.2 l4 engine has a turbo built in? i dont know , its automatic... any answers please email me. [email protected]</font>

·
Registered
109 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Well I also have a '94 GT with an automatic. If you want bigger rims it isn't that hard. There is plenty of wheel well space. The only down side is that if the overall diameter of the rim and tire is more or less then the origanal then it will throw off the speedometer and will make the ABS not work as well. The larger the diameter change the worse things get. I believe that you can put a 17" rim and low pro tire and still have close to the same diameter.
About the turbo. There was a turbo model of the car called the GT4 but it was only sold outside the U.S. There is a Turbo Kit but it isn't legal in some places. :alien:</font>

·
Registered
424 Posts
<font color='#000000'>thee biggest rim u can run without throwing off ur speedo is a 19"   thats the biggest that will fit without modifications to ur suspension.....i.e  hydros or aircans...  19" with 225/35-19 toyo proxes.........  or 18's with either a 215/35 or a 225/35 18 tire.......17's with a 205/40-17 tire......   i had 19's and they rode really good and also the speedo wasnt off at all....

any other help u need on rims  hit me up   [email protected]</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I put 215/40-17 in the front. It still have very very little space left. I will try to put 215/45/17 in the front if it fit.

1exquizitcelica, will 215/45/17 fit on the front?</font>

·
Registered
424 Posts
<font color='#000000'>honestly ivan i dont know   thats a lot of tire  u should have stuck with the 205/40's and lower your car a little</font>

·
Registered
27 Posts
<font color='#000000'>
 i want to higher my car now.
The aftermarket front bumper is so bad. I cracked it. Sometimes I can even go to the parking lot. Right now I think I still lower than the stock one but I want higher actually. I put a metal lip in the front. I hope it could save my bumper somehow.</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts