Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I've been looking into lighting (neon/LED type stuff). I'm thinking I want an underglow kit as well as 4 other 15 or 20 inch sticks inside my car. I want to be able to have a switch inside my car for each light...actually one switch for the whole underglow kit and then one for the front and one for the back on the inside if my car. Anyways my initial problems are:

1) What are the cheapest/brightest red neon tubes or LEDs? I've found pretty cheap at stylincompacts.com but I'm wondering if they're are cheaper.

2) Should I buy another battery and find a place to put it (ie: trunk maybe) and hook all of these extra lights to that?

3) Where should I mount the switches?

I was going to get these really cool flight switches, but they're 10 bucks a piece, so I just bought some neat 12v Illuminated Toggle Switches from Radio Shack. Anyways, any ideas are welcome. I know that the underglow is illegal in my state, but I'd only have them on when I'm parked or whatever showing off my car.
Later guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got StreetGlow Gold Series for $175.  and I mounted the switch where the little pocket is.  Took the pocket out and made a custom black plastic piece with a switch in it.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
if you go cheap it will show... what i mean is the cheap ones suck and dont light ####... street gold gold series lights are a good choice.. but i found that another company i sell are brighter.. I can also get led underbody lights but they are no where near cheap.. no extra battery is needed as neons and led pull almost no current to run.

·
Registered
39 Posts
you can find them on ebay, they are generic, meaning not made for specific cars.  As for the wiring it was pretty easy when I did mine.  The hardest part was findin a place for the transformer, and running the wires for the switch, after that, just center the pieces and screw them in.  I believe streetglow gives pretty detailed instructions

1 - 7 of 7 Posts