Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 6th gen folk,

I own a '96 ST MT with 264K miles. The knock sensor code (p0325, single sensor) has popped up and will not go away. My mechanic has both replaced the sensor as well as the connector. We're convinced now that it's faulty wiring and do not want to go down the wiring schematics route.

What are my options?

Is there a way to bypass the knock sensor and trick the ECU?
Reflash the ECU? If so, who provides this service for our cars? Is deleting the knock sensor even an option?

Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had accidently damaged my knock sensor doing an unrelated repair and I struggled with this same issue for months. Wiring was good, connector and terminal was good. I also knew those things were good because everything worked before the sensor broke. I got a replacement autozone sensor and the fault was active all the time. The only way I was able to make it go away was to get a knock sensor from the junk yard. I had the ST 1.8L too. That same engine is used on Corolla and in some GEO cars so there is good opportunity to find one in the junk yard. I could not bypass or trick the knock sensor and unfortunately when the knock sensor fault sets, it retards the spark to a clip and performance gets bad and fuel economy gets bad. You can try other replacement sensors but the junk yard toyota sensor fixed my issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts