Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Haggle

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m looking at this. Kbb has it at a third the price they’re asking.
I read the engines are similar to the Corolla. Is this somewhat true?
( I owned a 86 nova that had a toyota Corolla engine in it. So this isn’t the craziest thing I’ve ever heard. )

I also had an 88 Celica also a convertible but that one was an after an market convertible top. I had to sell it, long stupid unfair story, but thats Life. Guess I’m still sad about the 88’
so do I watch and wait for it to lower? It’s already dropped 1k ish.
any help would be great

you guys rock, and thank you! 😘
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
446 Posts
I always thought the prices on KBB and NADA were low. Depending on condition. Looks like it's really low mileage. If you can see the car and maybe take it to a local mechanic for an inspection. Was in in an accident, suspension, compression, etc. With a 30+ year old car you can expect to put some $ in it.
I purchased my '91 for $2100 on eBay auction knowing it needed work. So far $4200 in parts and labor so that would bring up $6200 roughly.
Right now I would put a price on mine of around 8k because it's a nice red convertible car and it really catches the eye of this genre.
I think the dealer is selling the 'wow factor". Don't get emotional over the purchase. I would haggle. negotiate, bargan. offer cash. Start low, If you're comfortable with $5k offer him the low KBB price with a print out in hand.
Edmonds has it in a range of $943 - $7300.
If you like it buy it. You only live once so don't kick yourself by passing it up, "should have - could have".
Just an opin of an old man ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love your attitude.
bringing in the Kelly printout is a good idea, thank you. Weird thing about this car, it’s listed by a private seller on Facebook marketplace, but also at the dealer. I’d rather deal with the seller. She said it’s still available since last night. But the pictures make me think it resides at the dealer.
is that something normal?
ps, your car looks sick

·
Super Moderator
446 Posts
Love your attitude.
bringing in the Kelly printout is a good idea, thank you. Weird thing about this car, it’s listed by a private seller on Facebook marketplace, but also at the dealer. I’d rather deal with the seller. She said it’s still available since last night. But the pictures make me think it resides at the dealer.
is that something normal?
ps, your car looks sick
Might have the car on consignment to the dealer. Might be the reason for the higher price. Talk on marketplace, I always like that place. Sold a lot of stuff on marketplace and was so much easier to communicate.
Dealer won't be happy:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love to make the dealer unhappy.
but even on marketplace it’s basically 8k. I wish there was a type of business completely for haggling lol. I’m not great at it, not a lot of practice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts