Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are no new fuel tanks available for the 5th gen Celica. However, the 6th gen has aftermarket as well as brand new OEM tanks from Toyota, I believe.

My car is a 1991 Toyota Celica ST. Hopefully, a 94-99 ST of GT tank will work.

Has anyone successfully swapped a 6th gen fuel tank into a 5th gen Celica?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is still sitting as I am awaiting the answer to this question. I would really rather put a brand new OEM 6th gen tank on my 91 Celica ST than to clean and seal the original tank.

If you know, please chime in. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The car is still sitting as I am awaiting the answer to this question. I would really rather put a brand new OEM 6th gen tank on my 91 Celica ST than to clean and seal the original tank.

If you know, please chime in. Thanks guys.
i had a similar situation, couldnt find a replacement anywhere

how bad is the old tank?

my 92 celica tank was slightly leaking, took it to tank repair shop, almost as good as new now

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your input. However, a repair shop had attempted to repair it before. The repair failed within a few years. This has led me to the key issue of this post as to whether or not the 6th gen tank will fit in the 5th gen.

I think I am just going to have to try it myself and purchase a brand new OEM 6th gen tank and see what happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for your input. However, a repair shop had attempted to repair it before. The repair failed within a few years. This has led me to the key issue of this post as to whether or not the 6th gen tank will fit in the 5th gen.

I think I am just going to have to try it myself and purchase a brand new OEM 6th gen tank and see what happens.
Did you end up finding this out? Having the same issue would love to know if they have the same layout. Ill try to find the diagrams of each

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This issue is still unresolved. I am currently working on the fuel system on my other Celica. This one is a 1990 All-Trac Turbo. Once, I get it running, I will refocus on the 91 ST.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts