Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's gonna be my first car and I'm between this and a hyundai tuscani. I'm 20 and in university so my budget is between 4k-6k euros and most celicas (with this millage) cost arround 5k in my country

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think it should be worth it.

Celica GTS is a high-performance GT car, very fast, nimble, fun to drive and stable at high speed on the road. I have a 2002 GTS with 320K miles, original engine and auto xmission, still runs strong and smooth like new. It has good gas mileage, is cheap to run and maintain I put it through lots of hard driving and abuses but had very few problems with it, only an alternator failed recently, all other components are original. Engine, xmission, steering, brakes, chassis ect all work pretty much like new. It is the most reliable car I ever bought.

It has 4 seats, foldable, with a wide open hatch back, make it versatile like a pick up truck. I can move desks, chess drawers, leather couches , even carried 18 ft long wood beams to build a sun room. It's very versatile.

Check oil and coolant reservoir. Make sure they are clean and clear. Remove the spark plugs and check to make sure combustion is good. Check compression. It should be even on all 4 cylinders, something like 200 +/- 20. Rev the engine up to 6K RPM, make sur engine runs smoothly. Drive it up past 6K RPM to check lift and make sure xmission and brakes work well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts