Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>I would like to increase the horse power of my 92 celicaST a little bit, someone told me to put an air intake, header and a new muffler on the car, would that works? Any1 has advice for me?</font>

G

·
<font color='#000000'>i doubt all those mods will increase your horsepower substantially. you would feel the difference, but it wouldn't worth all the money you put in.</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000000'>i agree it is a st there isnt much more u can squeeze outta that engine, that deffiently wasnt made for racing, I would save for a new engine, the 5sfe would even be a lot better for u</font>

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font color='#000000'>so how much would all that engine swapping work costs? I mean both the 5sfe engine itself and the labor. By the way, how much hp would it be after the swapping?</font>

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
<font color='#000000'>well the stock engine is 130hp
cost varies on where u have it done, i would say a 5sfe swap should be around 500-800 for labor it would save u a lot of money if u did it urself or atleast put the engine in first.. talk to redswan on the board he is selling i think 2 5sfes the one is stock and the other one i think he hooked up some. i know both the engines are in good running condition so make him a offer and see what he says</font>

G

·
<font color='#000000'>the 92 ST has the 4AFE right?
I *think* you can do a Head swap either from a 4AGE (from a 86-89 RWD 1.6 corolla 90-92 FWD corolla GTS) or a J-spec 20v 4AGE (tougher to do conversion).
OR, do a engine swap for the 4AGE or the JDM 4AGE 20V.
the US 4age has like 110 hp. the 20v has 150hp.

the trouble may not worth the effort though, shall I say; but just want to give you more options. however, the 5sfe would be the most convienent way to upgrade since it is way easier to obtain than the other two.</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts