Toyota Celica Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<font color='#000000'>Is the 93 Celica GT-S throtal body larger than the 93 Celcia GT throtal body???</font>

·
Registered
98 Posts
<font color='#000000'>I heard that gt and gts is allmost same but just options in the car is diffrent gt-s has 4disk break but gt has 2 on front
and some thing eles I not sure but I am pretty sure gt-s and gt share same engine therefor they must have same throal body. gt has 2.2 5sfe right that what I have on my 93 gt-s</font>

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font color='#000000'>Well then do you think the Turbos throtal body would be bigger. or smaller bc its only a 2.0 liter engine</font>

G

·
<font color='#000000'>Hey folks I have an old 91 all stock.  It runs great.  I drive from San antonio Texas down into Mexico quite often.  It is killing my my stock tires and weels.  I would like to replace the weels and tires with something that would put more ruber on the ground for high speed paved roads yet stand up to the punishment of off road rally type driveing and not screw up my speedomiter or turning radius. sugjestions please</font>

·
Registered
224 Posts
<font color='#000000'>Yeah they are different.  i swapped mine out for a while.  BTW a 5sfe and a 3sgte are different, alot.  Anyway, they do mount up.  you would need a new gasket and adjust the TPS from a 4wire GT to a 3wire GTS.  I just had a engine swap done so i put my GT throttle body back on but to tell the truth it did make a minor difference.  It is wider so more air gets in but at teh same time a the intake maniforld is only made for the smaller one so i am just going to keep it the way it is.  But it is woth it for fun.</font>

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Originally posted by ebonics for grass@May 02 2003,6:02
<font color='#000000'>Ebonics-
I would like to replace the weels and tires with something that would put more ruber on the ground for high speed paved roads yet stand up to the punishment of off road rally type driveing and not screw up my speedomiter or turning radius.</font>
<font color='#000000'>So you want tires that work like slicks for the pavement but also take you offroad???!!!  Your probably better off buying 2 sets of rims and tires, one for offroad and one for on.</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts