Toyota Celica Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<font color='#000000'>:down: Im going to sell my baby. Im really going to miss him, but hopefully someone will take good care of him like I did. The reason Im selling him is that something better has come along. My dream car (1966 Mustang Coupe) is for sale down in Bellevue for only 1500 bucks, and its in great shape too... this guy must not know what hes got his hands on. But I will never find anything to replace my baby. I wish I had enough money to keep them both, but I need the money from when I sell Murph to buy the pony. Hopefully Im doing the right thing. I had a dream last night that everything in the engine was rebuilt and everything was new... hopefully my dream will come true. If only this pony was a convertible like my Murphy is, then I could have a piece of him still. Well good things come and go, and this is one of them. I'll let everyone know when he goes up for sale and who buys him.  :sleepy:  :down:</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Alysia:  That is too bad hun... I'm sorry you decided you have to let Murphy go, but you have to do what you have to do... I wish you could keep them both
 I'm sure his next owner will be able to take good care of him too and build up his engine and everything like in your dream.  Good luck with the Mustang!</font>

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<font color='#000000'>GOOD NEWS. I decided not to get the 'pony. It was in really bad condition and I actually cried when I thought of having to sell my baby. Now, Im going to use all the money that I saved up and really make him better. I am so excited that I dont have to give him up. Plus he is way better than the mustang in the winter. Im soo happy</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>Woot!!!!
 Yay for keeping Murphy!!!!  I am SO glad to hear you are gonna keep him and restore him to his former glory!  Good for you!  I am very excited and can't wait to hear what you do with him!  :grin:  :thumbsup:</font>

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font color='#000000'>
Thanx you guys.. Im really excited too. Well first we are going to paint him a pear white, or a pearl color... any suggestions on what would look good on a 1987 gt convertible?? Let me know what you think. Then Im going to save up and get a new top, the one I have now is good, but you know if you want to make something look good then you cant do it half-ass. Am I right?? Then Im getting a new motor for the top... but I think everyone knew that. But I dont know what else to do... I want to add a body kit to it, but Im not that rich... Im still looking for that convertible cover for when you put the top down.. it buttons over top of it and onto the car. But first things first... I need to get new breaks. Ohh... now that I think of it... would it look stupid if I got white rims if the body is painted white?? I have no idea... if anybody has any suggestion on what to do with him to make him a stud then just let me know. Oh.. I saw the funniest thing the other day too... It was this sticker thing that goes on the top of the windsheild... it says with a eye that blinks... "Cautcha Lookin" haha I laughed so hard. I want that on my car. Well just thought I would update you and say thanks for your support.. Im very happy myself!  :laugh:</font>

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<font color='#8D38C9'>I think a pearl or metallic-y orange would look good with white rims and white interior for an older celi... what color is your interior by the way?  I myself am not a fan of white body/white rims.

Did you check http://www.partznet.com for the convertible cover?  I just looked and I found what I think it is... is says convertible cover, but it's $727.77!!!! DAMN!  There's also something called a headliner (
o: ) for $161.03

Here's a link but I don't know if it's direct or not... lemme know if it doesn't work: Click me</font>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts